Taylor Swift - 1989 | Page 73 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - 1989

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Laura Vanderbooben, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not listened yet but all of the songs I've seen mentioned - State Of Grace, M83, Wide Awake, Charlie XCX, Tegan and Sara - have me soaked. I'm ready

2. OK yes, this is what we're talking about. Wish it was a jot longer though and built a bit more. Actually think this is low key one of my most anticipated albums of the year now.

3. Yeah, this is good. Really strong album track, atmospherically and sonically great. She said it's the song which best represents the album, too, which bodes well.

4. Given that she said this song best represents the album, I'm extremely hopeful. At this point, I envision a record that sounds like Tegan and Sara's Heartthrob with the songwriting of Red.

5. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

Love this it's so instant! Shake it Off is totally going to the worst song on the album. It was probably chosen because it would easily do well everywhere. The 80's feel is there too.

6. RickyNeutron

RickyNeutron Guest

Sounds like it would fit perfectly on Night Time, My Time. Even the vocals sound a lot like Sky in many parts.

7. This is very good, far better than Shake It Off, but by comparison with Chvrches the synths are kinda flat.

8. Melanchonic
    +Euphoric
    +Bopable
    +Retroristic
    +Melodic
    +Repetitive
    +Middle8strong
    +Clever lyrics
    +Adlibs
    ------------------
    =Popperfection

9. I've literally had this on a loop for the last six (6) hours and I'm not even remotely sick of it. If anything it's actually gotten better. Taylor has absolutely no right to do this to me.

10. Stretching things a bit but it's funny how Charli released a song that should have been Hilary's big comeback single ('Boom Clap'), Hilary released a Taylor Swift-lite song ('All About You'), and Taylor just released a song that sounds like an amazing Charli album track Charli ('Out of the Woods'). Full circle!

11. It's good, I guess.

12. I can't believe the album comes in 12 days! I think this will be an exciting week of reveals; track list, song clips, etc, with its premiere late next week? I've gone from being casually excited to expecting potentially the best pop record of 2014.

13. I saw that she tweeted saying she'll reveal some lyrics from each song every day from now until the album launches. It makes me think that 'Out of the Woods' is the only countdown track we're getting?

14. To all my wonderful UK fans,
    I realize that you are not yet able to get ‘Out Of The Woods’ due to a new strategy my record label is working on in the UK. I’ve never been one to hold my music back from any of you so I will be watching closely to see if this is ultimately a better experience for you, the fans.
    My good friend Ed Sheeran utilized the same strategy with ‘One’ in the UK and he seemed very happy with the feedback from his fans.
    But, ultimately, it’s down to you. Let me know.
    Peace out.
    Taylor/Natalie/Becky

http://taylorswift.tumblr.com/post/100022853780/sending-love-to-the-uk

What was Ed's strategy again?

15. I hate the vocal loop. It's not melodic at all. But the rest of the song is good, but I'm not wowed.

16. RJF

RJF

Ed released a track a day before his album release, so unless she's going to flood UK iTunes next week, it's not that.

17. You did this with I Knew You Were Trouble as well.

18. This is very late 80s. Reminds me a lot of Tango In The Night-era Fleetwood Mac. Which means it's awesome and the only time after Red and Begin Again when I really liked a single of hers.

19. LTG

LTG

It's a great driving song.

20. I like a lot of her stuff, but this is a deeply mediocre song. The verses are ok(no more than that though), but what a total non-chorus.

I sincerely hope the best is yet to come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.