Taylor Swift - 1989 | Page 74 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - 1989

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Laura Vanderbooben, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The "Good" bit at the end of the chorus is really a T-Swift-approved stamp of bitterness, isn't it? For me, it's that, the moved-the-furniture line and the predictable reference to December that make this stand out as a tried-and-true Taylor song.

In other words, I love it.

2. I'm actually in an altogether much different scenario with this track. 'I Knew You Were Trouble' was all melody and no innovation and this just doesn't grab me, melodically, at all, no matter how brilliant the encompassing vibe may be.

3. Was I Knew You Were Trouble a promo single that became an actual single? I hope they do the same thing for Out Of The Woods.

I have a feeling this album is going to end up with a crazy amount of US Number 1s. Maybe matching or almost matching Teenage Dream.

4. I first greeted this song with the same cynicism of Shake It Off and was ready to say Taylor Swift doesn't "get" pop but within 30 seconds I was proved 100% wrong. I'm sorry I've ever said anything bad about you, Taylor Swift, for you have slain me.

This isn't the second single, is it?

5. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

New line from Welcome To New York "It's a new soundtrack I could dance to this beat forevermore". She posted it on her instagram.

6. Out Of The Woods could've been properly amazing with stronger melodies and lyrics, that production is awesome.

7. This is a great pop song in the fact that the production is all geared towards enhancing the feeling of the song

Even though the 'Lion King-esque synths and ad-libs' coming in during the bridge are such a literal translation of the sun rising (as she sings right before they happen), it works so well.

8. Out of the Woods is perfect. So is Shake It Off. 2/2.

9. This song is so catchy and the production is first class. on repeat all day

10. Both Out Of The Woods and Shake It Off are perfect. I can't believe I'm saying this. Taylor has been a little bit of a guilty pleasure for me. Never liked her before Red, but everything thereon has been good stuff.

The new single, especially, is brilliant. The chorus is literally everything. Its so late 80's early 90's. I love it!

11. I've played 'Out of the Woods' over 70 times already. Oops.

12. I've got to be in the 80s or 90s by now (got to be, got to be) and I don't regret a single damn second of it.

13. Well you said that with some determination.

14. Out Of The Woods is so Breakfast Club /Tears For Fears.

15. I know, I was ready to purchase at that price.

16. RJF

RJF

You're international now, Taylor. Get this sorted.

17. No 'Out of the Woods' for us either. What is this United Kingdom shade?

18. Has this been posted yet? The song they used sounds promising.

[video=youtube;okTokQgOo6I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okTokQgOo6I&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.