Taylor Swift - 1989 | Page 75 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - 1989

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Laura Vanderbooben, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I'm waiting to listen to the album in full so I watched that ad on mute, but the Taylor stans over at ATRL are in full-on meltdown mode and not in a good way and I'm about to have a panic attack.

Jonathan. Mollie. Lost In Japan. Someone. Tell me. Is it that bad?

2. Sort of sounds like Hilary Duff. Which nowadays sounds like Taylor Swift. So I'm not sure what the problem is.

3. It just sounds like a watered down 22 from that little clip.

4. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

[video=youtube;JWuPckCynQA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWuPckCynQA[/video]

5. Thank you. Cool down, RainOnFire.

6. The music in that clip sounds sweet and very simple pop... It's nice! It sounds more like 'Sweeter than Fiction' than the stuff we've already heard from '1989'.

7. The meltdowns over a bloody 10 second clip where we literally get given four lines....

8. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I was under the impression that the full 30-second ad was a clip, sorry.

I'll go sulk in a corner and wait for October 27.

9. That clip sounds a bit Carly Rae Jepsen aka the ideal.

10. Bite your tongue, no one should be subjected to anything related to Carly.

I wish All About You was a bonus track from 1989.

11. Have you checked out the blessed 'Out of the Woods' yet? I feel some of your lost faith may be restored.

12. RJF

RJF

You need to allow yourself "Out Of The Woods", if only for some peace of mind.

13. That ad is wonderful. Can't wait to use and abuse the inevitable gifs. And the song (Get the Girl?) sounds like a basic bop at the very least.

Meanwhile I'm still stuck here with Out of the Woods on a damn loop. I want my fucking life back already. The end-of-line echoes in the middle 8 (in particular on 'hospital room') continue to incinerate my soul. And don't even get me started on the subtle harpsichord realness giving the verses that baroque flavour. Unf.

14. Why is it so fucking hard to find the new song on Youtube? Sounds great from the iTunes preview I reluctantly listened to.

Is she about to deliver the 2nd best pop album of the year so far?

15. Dissing Carly but wanting the latest Hilary Duff squawkfest on Taylor's album? Interesting...

16. I'm extremely glad nothing we've heard from 1989 sounds like "All About You." I think it's a great song for Hilary to relaunch herself with, but Taylor has been there done that in terms of that song. So far, 1989 promises to be fresh and progressive.

The short clip from the Diet Coke ad doesn't give too much away, but it sounds nice enough.

Do we know more song titles than Shake It Off, Out of the Woods, and Welcome to New York?

17. I Wish You Would sounds like the sequel to I Almost Do.

18. Ah forgot about Bad Blood. Hadn't heard of the others! Thank you.

19. If my boyf orders the seagull sweatshirt with the 1989 album, I'll shun him. Damn Taylor for offering it!

I just want the record on vinyl, but it's not being offered yet so I'll wait.

Am I the only one who's just kinda 'eh' on Out of the Woods? Thematically, it's really not that exciting and the lyrics had me rolling my eyes a bit. I might just be over the constant 'autobiographical' writing from Taylor but we'll see. Shake It Off finally grew on me so I'll give it a few more chances.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.