Taylor Swift - 1989 | Page 876 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - 1989

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Laura Vanderbooben, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wonderland is the only song I don't fuck with. Its terrible and faceless.

I Wish You Would, How You Get the Girl, and I Know Places are all good but also the ones I'm most inclined to skip.

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  2. It's awkward as fuck and should have been left out entirely and given to that Alice film. She knows it too, being the only track not performed on tour consistently. Poor anyone who got it at their date. You can hear the cogs turning in her head as it plays. "Let me write about...WONDERLAND!"

3. I like Wonderland....

LTG, Slice of Life, Lander and 12 others like this.
  4. I like "Wonderland" too. Thematically it's just like "Blank Space", but totally different in tone.

Andy French likes this.
  5. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

The two tracks I can't play are Shake It Off and I Know Places.

Trash and trash.

Larsen likes this.
  6. Bad Blood is the only song on the album I don't like.

7. I'm fondly recalling Mama VanBoobs saying her favorite off the album was Blank Space "because it doesn't sound like all the others."

8. Bad Blood was so much more enjoyable before it became a single.

9. The chorus harmonies in Bad Blood are gorgeous, I just wish they were part of a better song.

Also, I can't listen to the verses and not hear "One, Two, Buckle My Shoe" anymore thanks to @IMHO.

Jwentz and Petty Mayonnaise like this.
  10. *Pistes

LTG, beyoncésweave, alanmr and 6 others like this.
  11. Shake It Off is the only one that I uniformly skip.

12. I wish You Are In Love was on the regular album instead of, say, I Know Places. It's so simple but effective.

13. On shuffle, I will skip:
    • Welcome to New York
    • This Love
    • Wonderland

14. This Love is one of my favorites. The lyrics, the melody, the way she sings... I love it

15. I have not a single qualm against it other than it being a bit boring, but if I'm going through the album I always give it the time. You Are In Love could take its spot in an instant, though.

16. This Love and You Are In Love are the worst ones to me.

17. Wonderland is well produced trash. Has good aural moments but it doesn't what it wants to be in this life.

It's just the most tired literary reference point in...history. It's lame for her. It's a lame song that could have popped off potentially. The bridge is ok until the "In the end in Wonderland we both went...m a d". It's all very heathledgerasjokerfuckyeah.tumblr.com. Searching "Harley Quinn Steampunk" on Deviantart.

Wishlight, madeofghosts and matthew. like this.
  18. RJF

RJF

Y'all are gonna come for "Wonderland" when the lead single and "Bad Blood" are sitting right there as the biggest pieces of shit on the album huh? "Wonderland" at least has the decency to descend into a hook-filled cacophony. The other two are just weak.

LTG, Mr Blonde, Wishlight and 14 others like this.
  19. This Love is that atmospheric 80's college rock bop - all damp bedrooms and dreamy thoughts.

LTG, alanmr, Mr Blonde and 10 others like this.
  20. I loathe 'Shake It Off' until that horn riff comes in on the second chorus and then it has me for all of 6 seconds and then I go back to hating it.

I actually use the single version of 'Bad Blood'. It's dumb as fuck but it's brash and loud enough to pop off, with Kendrick's assistance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.