Taylor Swift - 1989 | Page 881 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - 1989

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Laura Vanderbooben, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's funny how it's been nearly 3 years but I'm not gagging for new stuff. It was a wholly satisfying era. Would love new stuff of course, but yeah. Could easily wait a while.

The 50 Shades song also didn't exactly endear me.

2. I'm definitely ready for new material now. I wonder where she's going to take her music.

alanmr, Fantasy and Florencia. like this.
  3. It's easily one of her worst songs ever, but it doesn't really worry me.
    She released Today was a fairytale before Speak Now, didn't she?

4. She could just release 1989 on Spotify and lay low for another 3-4 years.

Slice of Life and Fantasy like this.
  5. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

The 50 shades song and her turn as Nils Sjöberg didn't exactly make me more excited for new music, but I know she's also probably saving the best for herself. Very curious to see how she comes back. Something in the vein of the new HAIM single would be nice, while not straying too far from the 1989 sound.

Slice of Life and Fantasy like this.
  6. It's crazy to think it was only two years ago that the 1989 era was in full swing, considering how that pure pop sound has unfortunately all but disappeared off the charts in the past year or so.

7. I keep seeing reports that she's making her new album in Nashville. Gurllll....

She better realise she has at least another two solid pop albums in her before she safely scurries back to pop/country.

I'm definitely ready for new music, I think she should till her usual time to release in the last quarter of the year. People are starting to notice her absence, which is always good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.