Taylor Swift - evermore | Page 113 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - evermore

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by aux, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Once again these bonus tracks are just fantastic - especially right where you left me. I've come to the stage where I can't go a day without hearing something - anything - from these two albums. They have utterly consumed me with their gorgeous melodies & production, heartbreaking lyrics and Taylor's beautiful delivery on each and every track.

2. right where you left me is one of the better songs from either album for me. I don't think it would be as effective if both albums weren't more focused on storytelling outside of her firsthand experience but I like that right where you left me serves to somewhat pull the curtain back for a moment in favor of self commentary.

RainOnFire, Florencia., aux and 3 others like this.
  3. Agreed. I also love how it's time to go combines the two and has some parts that talk about things from her own life, and other parts that aren't. Comparing things she went through with things others go through, since they all have the same sentiment of there being power in leaving a bad situation.

Florencia. likes this.
  4. The deluxe version of goldrush is edited despite being labeled explicit.

contrarian wit. oh.

5. Just listened and seems fine to me?

6. Weird. I'll force kill the app and try again.

7. Is right where you left me autobiographical? What's it about?

8. I could be totally off, but it reminds me of what she said in Miss Americana about how "they say celebrities are frozen at the age you became famous" and "I had a lot of growing up to do just to try and catch up to 29"

It also could just be about how a bad breakup is hard to move forward from. I'm not totally sure.

9. Not Evermore narrowly missing breaking the record for the lowest #1 album in the UK of all time by 13 copies.

This witch works in mysterious ways.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  10. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

Right Where You Left Me is a bit of a bop, huh.

Jonathan27, Rem, Daniel L and 4 others like this.

11. I listened to both bonus tracks a few times when the CD rips surfaced, but held off from overplaying them so they’d still be fresh when she put them up on streaming. I’m obsessed with right where you left me, she really said bumpkin rights with her delivery on that one and the melodies are gorgeous.

I love the production on it’s time to go (and the Karlie drag) but it hasn’t fully clicked with me in the same way yet.

12. I am getting obsessed heavily with Right Where You Left Me. That middle-8 is superb. It strongly is looking like it joins Marjorie and No Body, No Crime in my holy trinity for the album.

13. Mmmh “it’s time to go” is probably my least favourite across the two albums oop

Espeon likes this.
  14. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I love the message of "it's time to go" even if the song itself doesn't do much for me. We're taught so often in life that we need to stay in bad situations to prove how strong we are, sometimes regardless of how unhealthy the situation actually is. Sometimes to run really is the brave thing. I think it's an excellent concept for a song, but the production doesn't do a lot.

"right where you left me" on the other hand is absolutely fantastic all-around. It's not her best bonus track because that title will always belong to "New Romantics", but it's definitely up there/worthy of being on the standard album. The way it sounds like she's spiralling at the end by using the same pre-chorus melody multiple times but with different lyrics is such a great touch.

Mushroom, Lila, HairBodyFace and 12 others like this.
  15. Sam

Sam

Gold Rush is fast becoming one of my favourite tracks of 2020. That switch up of the narrative in the second chorus is pure magic.

16. Neither of the bonus tracks are really doing for me to be honest.

I think I may prefer Evermore to Folklore now. Higher highs on Folklore though.

17. Let me try these bonus tracks again...

18. The bonus tracks are (also) really good! Damn Taylor!!

Espeon likes this.
  19. "right where you left me" is fantastic and really takes me back to bumpkin Taylor.

"it's time to go" is just fine, but I will always uplift anything that gets the Kaylor weirdos up in a tizzy.

An Insider likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.