Taylor Swift - evermore | Page 138 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - evermore

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by aux, Dec 10, 2020.

1. "cowboy like me" swaps places with "Treacherous" as my favorite Taylor song from day to day.

2. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

I think the tumultuous time that Folklore came out during caused me to, like, imprint on it. Evermore’s good but just doesn’t hit the same.

3. I will honestly never get over the fact that we went from

How many days did I spend
    Thinkin' 'bout how you did me wrong, wrong, wrong?
    Lived in the shade you were throwin'
    'Til all of my sunshine was gone, gone, gone

to

How's one to know?
    I'd meet you where the spirit meets the bone
    In a faith-forgotten land
    In from the snow
    Your touch brought forth an incandescent glow
    Tarnished but so grand

in a matter of months.

4. The first lyrics immediately called this to mind:
    Cold was the steel of my axe to grind
    For the boys who broke my heart
    Now I send their babies presents

Which have always been my petty heart’s favorite. She really reeled me back in after I had written her off for good

5. It doesn’t sit right in my spirit that nearly a year later we’ve only heard 90 seconds of this album live but whew what a 90 seconds it was.

6. Where is the long pond sessions! Drop them now!!!

This album would benefit even more from the stripped back production.

7. Liking posts both about Willow and Cardigan being better because I love both but also girlie I think your house is haunted as fuck? Idk your dad is always so mad I think maybe that’s why.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  8. The way she turns up the urgency and drama in her voice and absolutely nails the chorus
    [​IMG]
    Only the whimsical frontierswoman of pop.

9. I still have hopes for an evermore: long pond/ Buckingham/ Ireland/ wherever sessions to be released in December, for the album's 1 year anniversary. If it doesn't happen then, I completely give up

10. I think if it happens then it will be because she wants that Grammy for AOTY and it deserves it! So I hope we get it but I won’t hold my breath as it seems very busy right in the Swiftverse.

11. Ivy is nothing short of stunning. I’m transported to a rustic 17th century affair every time it begins. I adore every second of it.

12. I still think this is one of her best songs ever.

13. Of the old lady name songs it's just gotta be Marjorie.

14. I’ve got a signed copy of this that I’m selling as her store sent me two for some reason so if anyone is interested DM me.

15. Cardigan is probably in her Top 3 songs ever and much stronger than willow to me.

enjoy, SMG, Gabeee9292 and 9 others like this.
  16. It’s the bridge in Cardigan for me, one of her finest and subtle moments…and that final verse, whew.

17. I think Cardigan is the better song but I return to Willow more because it's a lightweight, breezy bop that doesn't overwhelm me with emotion the way the former does. The way she just keeps going and going towards the end in Cardigan is one of her finest moments (in a discography full of them, no less) and it makes me tear up and gives me chills every single time. It's just such a flex of songwriting skill that feels...earned in the way it's both very specific and refined but also bubbling over in the type of heat of the moment emotion that comes from keeping it all in for too long. It also just compliments the fall weather where I'm at so well and I could fully lose myself in the entire story she tells in just those 4 minutes.

I'd go listen to it now but I've had too much wine to emotionally deal with it at the moment.

18. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

19. I….what?? Why not at least try for a few other categories? No Body No Crime, Coney Island, etc

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  20. I mean, there isn’t anything to lose by submitting songs to other genres but if betty didn’t get a nomination in the country categories there was no chance for no body, no crime considering betty at least made the top 40 at country radio while no body missed the top 50. The article also confirmed that songs she was featured on (Renegade and Gasoline Remix) were submitted to the Grammys as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.