Taylor Swift - Fearless (Taylor's Version) and Other Re-recordings (2021) | Page 20 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - Fearless (Taylor's Version) and Other Re-recordings (2021)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Babyface, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Something sounds a little off about this production-wise.

Edit: Oh dddd.

Verandi likes this.
  2. The lyric video full of pics with fans...I love her so much

Music Is Death, kmn04, alanmr and 6 others like this.
  3. CAUSE YOU WERE ROMEO
    I WAS A SCARLET LETTER
    AND MY DADDY SAID
    STAY AWAY FROM JULIET
    BUT YOU WERE EVERYTHING TO ME
    I WAS BEGGING YOU PLEASE
    DON'T GOOOO
    [​IMG]

AND I SAID
    ROMEO, TAKE ME
    SOMEWHERE WE CAN BE ALONE
    I'LL BE WAITING
    ALL THERE'S LEFT DO IS RUN
    YOU BE THE PRINCE
    AND I'LL BE THE PRINCESS
    IT'S A LOVE STORY
    BABY, JUST SAY YES

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  4. Never liked Love Story, so I’ll reserve judgment for the full album release

5. AMAZING! IT’S HER! you know you lost, motorcycle!

Rem likes this.
  6. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

Girls I'm actually crying stopppppp. Love Story just brings back so much memories.....

2008. I was a freshman in college. I was listening to the radio and heard Love Story for the first time. Funnily enough, I thought Avril fucking Lavigne was the singer of the song. As a former Avril Lavigne stan, of course I was gagged to my core. I had to run to a nearby Internet café (because I had a Nokia phone and Internet through cellphones was practically unheard back then in rural Philippines fffff) to listen to the song again. I typed "avril lavigne new song 2008" on the Google search bar but no results were coming up. So I had to type out "romeo take me somewhere we can be alone" and then I discovered that it was actually a song called Love Story by Taylor Swift. I already knew Taylor Swift back in high school but Love Story truly birthed the Swiftie in me. And I never looked back. I can't wait for the rest of the Fearless album to bring back more memories.

7. The subtle melody change in the second verse on “close your eyes” is literally the only difference I can hear bar her more mature vocal take. Ah the nostalgia, let me bathe in its golden light a bitsy.

8. The song is still as great as it was when it was released. That bridge into the final chorus gets me everytime.

blaze_dave and Florencia. like this.
  9. Do we know if Nathan did backing harmony on this as well because I think I can hear a man on the harmony but it is buried in that mix and honestly, I thought his backing vocals added a lot to her earlier work in terms of depth of sound.

alestevens likes this.
  10. Rem

Rem

The original producer for Love Story (Nathan Chapman) is a Trump & Marsha Blackburn supporter, took Marsha's side when Taylor was coming for her neck & performed at one of her events. Probably explains why she self-produced the track herself. Queen shit.

[​IMG]

11. The way Love Story is still a stone cold classic 13 years later

12. Was not ready for the wave of emotion to hit me when I heard the opening notes of that banjo. As others have said, it's just a really nostalgic song with so much life lived and personal history attached to it. I'm happy that she's able to reclaim her past work in a way that won't make looking back on it a negative thing for herself and for her fans. With how emotional just this one song made me...I'm not ready for the full album. I've really spent a little over half my life stanning this woman. It's been both exhausting and such an amazing experience to grow with an artist like this.

13. Wait really? That's incredibly disappointing ugh.

Well I'm sure she will be producing all of the songs he originally did, and rightfully so! They're pretty much all just live instrumentation arrangements anyway except for This Love and The Moment I Knew which had some slightly different elements on them.

14. The way she BEEFED up the strings whew

[​IMG]

Deleted member 27323 likes this.
  15. Also, if she’s going to be self-producing the re-records then the (Taylor’s version) qualifier is even more fitting. For as much credit as she gets as a songwriter, it’s rarely mentioned that Taylor has co-production credits on a significant portion of her catalogue (including the entirety of Speak Now and every song she’s ever done with Jack) so it’s nice to see her taking the next step and starting to produce on her own.

16. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

Umm ew
    [​IMG]

tea, Music Is Death, alanmr and 6 others like this.
  17. Omggg wait @ this tea

[​IMG]

18. Now sis where was THIS info when we were all Kiki-ing after she teased something that appeared to be the original studio the first two albums were recorded in and we lost our minds?! hmmT

19. It's so weird hearing her on such a raucous song again after folklore and evermore nn.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.