Taylor Swift - folklore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reputation was just a mess. The album cover in particular bothers me. I feel like maybe she was unsure of where to go next so she came up with some cringe, outdated concept that no one was remotely interested in?
It has a couple of good songs, Delicate especially is incredible and easily one of her best of all time. I feel like Delicate should have been a blueprint for the albums sound and lyrics to begin with. She could have definitely pulled off the darker tone of the era, but it just needed to be done in a completely different and authentic way. The whole album, concept and visuals should have really been reworked 10 times over and thought about in a way that showed her vulnerability in a more genuine way, it could have been great.
Like...the groundwork was there, it’s just that the execution was bad.
But anyway we have Folkore now, and it’s perfection, so there’s that.

Last edited:
He/Him
Is there any truth in her recording a full album between 1989 and Reputation? Only to shelve it and do Reputation instead?

Is there any truth in her recording a full album between 1989 and Reputation? Only to shelve it and do Reputation instead?

I’m pretty certain that was just a fan theory that started on tumblr during the reputation ‘easter egg hunt’ and gained rapid steam with the stans.

Yes it is true. It was called Original Doll and she sang about all her dark secrets. The song Mona Lisa leaked early.

63bJ.gif

I’m pretty certain that was just a fan theory that started on tumblr during the reputation ‘easter egg hunt’ and gained rapid steam with the stans.

Okay but coming off this, I swear there was something about these forum posts with 'reputation' song titles kinda hidden/hinted way before the album was even announced and it's believed to be Taylor posting them hidden, dd. Did this actually happen or?

Okay but coming off this, I swear there was something about these forum posts with 'reputation' song titles kinda hidden/hinted way before the album was even announced and it's believed to be Taylor posting them hidden, dd. Did this actually happen or?

No dd. Swifties on Twitter kind of go overboard these days with trying to find "Easter Eggs" and act like she planned her career out from the moment she signed her record deal. Lately, they found a pic of her wearing a cardigan in 2009 kinda similar to the Cardigan and think it's some intentional reference.

But honestly I don't totally blame them because some of the easter eggs for Lover were SCARY. The calendar stamps in the rep 2019 calendar? Her saying "I'm even more excited for the next chapter" in her 2018 AMAs speech, "next chapter" being a line from The Story of Us, which is 4:26 in length....4/26 being the date ME! came out? That notebook people found on Amazon that had been there for months with the Daylight lyric and Lover aesthetic?

Her MIND.

On that topic, I used to think the "Taylor's Inner Circle" thing was BS, but this proves that it's real. These are from JUNE.

Yeah. I'm on that forum too, i saw those when he posted them but i didnt believe a new era was coming so soon. So first thing i thought was that maybe Folklore was Cardi's next single and it featured Taylor.

And I certainly didnt think the clues would be so literal and straight to the point, Taylor doesn't have me used to those!

Yeah. I'm on that forum too, i saw those when he posted them but i didnt believe a new era was coming so soon. So first thing i thought was that maybe Folklore was Cardi's next single and it featured Taylor.

And I certainly didnt think the clues would be so literal and straight to the point, Taylor doesn't have me used to those!

This concept dd she should hop on the WAP remix maybe and give us another Inez hot girl POV.

So wild. Do we have any idea of who these people might be?

Status
Not open for further replies.