Taylor Swift - folklore | Page 186 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - folklore

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Judas, Jul 23, 2020.

1. I feel like it’s clear that she’s not really interested in what’s practical. She’s gonna do what she wants to do, and what she wants to do is re-record her back catalog. Will she re-record every single song? Maybe not. But if anyone can record albums everyone has had access to for a decade and still make it profitable, it’s Taylor. Her fans want it and they’ll buy it, so I don’t see why she wouldn’t go ahead and do it.

alestevens, Jamie, cearthenn and 14 others like this.
  2. I can definitely see her making it a huge stunt of releasing the re-recorded versions. In a perfect world, I’d love if she’d just donate the proceeds of those records for a good cause, though.

kingbm and Heartthrob like this.
  3. Ok but wow at this tweet of Cher's gentle Scooter drag being one year ago today and now we have new material to drag him for

JasonJay, Sam, Jamie and 5 others like this.
  4. I'm looking forward to hearing these re-recordings, mostly because I'm getting my hopes up imagining all the cool things she can do with her old songs. I'm not going to say no to the idea of a brand new version of "Sparks Fly" produced by Jack Antonoff. Or the idea of her working with Aaron Dessner again to rework "Breathe" (that song is an 11/10 for me lyrics wise, but it is very 2008).

5. The re-recordings will be cute when they arrive but she released the album of her career 4 months ago and I would like a crumb of content please

6. Me before folklore:
    - Rerecordings of old music? Pff waste of time.

Me after folklore:
    - She should rerecord each one of them down to the last detail and make them as similar as possible so nobody streams the old songs.

7. When Taylor's latent loathing of Style and her fanbase (it's us, US!) induces her to re-record it but with the truncated chorus for all three instances

[​IMG]

8. Just started listening to the episode and I'm already screaming at her acting surprised Red ended in the top 100.

Jwentz, HairBodyFace and An Insider like this.
  9. Loved that podcast interview.

Now I’m listening to All Too Well trying to figure out where the “fuck” might’ve been

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  10. 'Cause there we are again, when I fucked you so
    Back before you lost the one real thing you've ever known
    It was rare, I was there, I remember it all too well

[​IMG]

11. The 10 min All Too Well really was the original Snyder cut, huh

12. Spare official release of "Dark Blue Tennessee" with the re-records, ma'am? @TaylorSwift13
    [​IMG]

13. OMG! Not me thinking that the 10 min. version of all too well was just something on paper but turns out there is an actual recording of this version?

Florencia. and Lost In Japan. like this.
  14. Ddddd I am actually listening to my RED vinyl, and was thinking that the opening run of State Of Grace - Red - Treacherous - I Knew You Were Trouble - All Too Well is only rivavled by the opening run on folklore. Now I hear that All Too Well originally had "fuck" in it, and the 10 minute version was actually recorded at one point? I am not okay.

Also, part of me feels like buying Taylor's masters is the least surprising thing Disney has ever done.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  15. BTG

BTG

A ten minute version of All Too Well and she still kept that terrible ‘crumpled up piece of paper’ lyric? Sis.

16. Sam

Sam

I’ve never listened to All Too Well

17. Ardent Red singles then 1989 onwarders? In my 2020?

18. Sam

Sam

I listened. If i wasn’t feeling the effects of SAD before, I definitely am now !

19. If it means you’ve done the homework...good!

Sam and Ashling92 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.