Taylor Swift - folklore | Page 188 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - folklore

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Judas, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Folklore got me through a difficult time with someone a few months back too, the way these songs took over my life, ugh.

I hope you feel better soon!

2. I'm still so gooped at

"Passed down like folk songs
    The love lasts so long
    "

It's such a perfect, little centerpiece for the whole album and I'd like to think Taylor as a songwriter. Love can come and go so fast you wonder if it even existed. Threading it so delicately into your art immortalizes it and in some ways, helps you unpack that it really was love in the first place... and that allows it to stay with you, even as people and situations in your life change.

3. Wait @ my stupid ass not clocking the double meaning here. Her mind.

4. It only clicked with me the other day! That’s what I mean when I said this album continues to surprise me. Every song is still blossoming even now. Ugh, her mind!

Conan, Florencia. and sexercise like this.
  5. I don’t get it?

But the « remember the place where you first met me » from Getaway Car only clicked with me a week ago so don’t mind me.

6. She really thinks we're gonna fall for that again, huh?

7. I think that's the joke
    [​IMG]

8. Haha no, I got that!

But still, I’m sure I can see some hidden messages on her socks - Swifties unite!!

9. The picture being black & white makes me believe that this is Folklore related rather than the re-recordings. I'm so used to giving etc.

10. folklore and Rabbits on the Run by Vanessa Carlton are both perfect pop companion albums and I'm so pleased we have them both.

11. aux

aux

And the crest that's framed on top of the table on the left, has "T S" written in the folklore font, so this is most likely related to another music video from the album.

[​IMG]

There's also twenty-four (24) rectangles in the window behind her, which means the video dropping on the 24th of November.

[​IMG]

I also counted two (2) lamps, which means the video could be coming in two days.

[​IMG]

What day is it in two days? 24th of November.

[​IMG]

12. I screamed at the reputation one

13. Thanksgiving would be a great time to drop something. Just putting this out there into the universe.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  14. Miss Red is an ICON though

Music Is Death, aniraz, Sam and 5 others like this.
  15. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

Cozy cabin online performance of the entire album confirmed!

16. Lead role in an A24 horror movie confirmed!

Music Is Death, Sam, Lila and 12 others like this.
  17. Swiftsommar is coming

18. PLEASE welcome to the stage...the Blair Witch!

19. YES, these two + Hatchie’s Keepsake from last year feel like spiritual sisters of ethereal pop, we stay ascending!

20. Ah but what's truly magnificent is Taylor channeling her best Mazzy Star spirit on Mirrorball and barely managing to hold it from exploding into a full-on Cocteau Twins chorus. I love her vocal layering in combination with those shoegazeish guitars, and the way they creep back into August afterwards... Give me Taylor doing dream pop any day!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.