Taylor Swift - folklore | Page 209 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - folklore

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Judas, Jul 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not me playing a match.com commercial on loop and getting goosebumps. Her power

Love Story will forever be that girl

mayhuee likes this.
  2. Holy FUCK not Love Story sounding even better

3. I would expect this to come soon, no? She wouldn’t be one to channel buzz from the commercial to a bump in streams/sales for the old version and benefit Scooter and Scott.

4. The new version of Love Story sounds gorgeous and the fact she’s already licensing the version she owns while blocking Shamrock/Scooter from getting anything but pennies on streaming royalties ugh I love her so much.
    [​IMG]

5. She'd be really smart to get it out on streaming ASAP as a ~lil holiday gift for the fans~. It's clearly finished and mastered.

6. Yeah, I would be very surprised if we don’t have the full thing by the end of the year.

7. You all know good and well she's gonna drip feed us the re-recorded singles so each has a chance to snatch a week at #1. Legendaric honestly.

8. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if she did something like this at some point before the end of the year as a teaser

9. Love Story would be a great Christmas #1, actually.

10. Me before hearing the snippet:
    ‘I just feel like re-recording is a waste of time’

after hearing the snippet:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    mayhuee, mpl, dodoriazarbon and 15 others like this.
  11. That sounds so good!!!

But dear lord please don’t release anymore vinyl/merch etch until next year I forbid it.

Seriously though if she plans to make money off this a staggered release of each album starting next year every 2/3 months make each one a mini event.

irishlamb likes this.
  12. My wallet agrees with you, but I’m still short the vinyls for the debut, Fearless and Speak Now and I would love to buy them ASAP and not send coin to Scooter/Shamrock.

Espeon likes this.
  13. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

I feel like a staggered release would be a misstep. She’s already teasing Love Story, skipping over the debut completely.

Kicking 2021 off with the first album and then being like “okay bye see you in 3 months for Fearless, the one you guys really want” would take some air out of the whole thing. They’re songs people are already familiar with and have played hundreds of times over the last decade. The project’s goal is replacing them on streaming and licensing them out more than anything else. Release everything at once on streaming services, vinyl bundles, etc. Maybe tantalize with a single released here or there, but releasing an entire re-recorded back catalogue at once would have the most impact, I think.

14. HOLY SHIT the new Love Story sounds SO GOOD, I'm even more excited for the rest now.
    [​IMG]

Florencia. likes this.
  15. Yeah, dropping them all at once feels like the logical move here. But I really hope she drops a single or two beforehand.

16. I know this is probably unlikely, but I kind of wish that she would promote some of the re-recorded songs that weren't singles as singles, or even just give them a music video. Imagine an Enchanted 2020 Music Video.

Subwaykid likes this.
  17. It pretty much sounds exactly the same except the music is louder than her vocal.

I was hoping we'd get the 1989 version at some point.

Island and aaronhansome like this.
  18. Hoping for a reprise of when she put her full catalogue on streaming the day Witness came out.

Ready to listen to the full re-recorded catalogue instead of whatever trash Justin Bieber's gonna throw at us next!

Florencia. likes this.
  19. I’m quite interested to see what she’s going to do for the cover artworks for each of these re-recordings. Low-key want her to redo the entire aesthetic for each cover.

Truce likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.