Taylor Swift - folklore

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way she (and probably everyone around her) thought there were no singles to push and only bothered with "cardigan", when it turns out people were here for "the 1", "exile", and now "august" in equal measure. Welp. Although I'm also here for the fact that the album sold similarly to Lover with basically none of the same promo/traditional album campaign shenanigans.

i feel like it was more because she immediately dove into evermore after folklore’s release and knew another album was coming, so she just focused on that taking up her time. Had it just been folklore, I’d imagine she would’ve pushed more proper singles.

RainOnFire

Staff member
i feel like it was more because she immediately dove into evermore after folklore’s release and knew another album was coming, so she just focused on that taking up her time. Had it just been folklore, I’d imagine she would’ve pushed more proper singles.
I actually don't think so, although that's possible. "cardigan" was basically DOA so there was time to push something else - "exile" in particular was doing really well without much assistance. But I don't think anyone cared that much about singles, and I can't fault them for it, because the album was smashing all on its own and didn't need help. And like you said, she had also started writing new material which resulted in evermore, even if evermore was seemingly unplanned.

He/They

The 6th song from folklore to pass 100M, despite the album really only having 1 single. See when you create a body of work that people listen to all the way through instead of cherry-picking 1 or 2 singles!

Let me clear room at the wake

The 6th song from folklore to pass 100M, despite the album really only having 1 single. See when you create a body of work that people listen to all the way through instead of cherry-picking 1 or 2 singles!

By the end of the year reputation, Lover and folklore all will have 10 or more 100M tracks each (with folklore easily having the most). Legendary behavior, if you ask me!

Status
Not open for further replies.