Taylor Swift - folklore | Page 220 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - folklore

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Judas, Jul 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

[​IMG]

2. Well anyways I'm on a bench in Coney Island wondering where did my baby go, right girls?

Doenjang, dirtypony, rdp and 18 others like this.

4. I know you’ve already released another album but you can still make this a single @TaylorSwift13.

Euphoria, Verandi, kanji and 25 others like this.
  5. This song used to be on one of the corporate playlists when I worked at Urban Outfitters. It always felt extremely awkward hearing moaning on the loud speakers while suburban moms shopped around with their high school daughters, but I enjoyed that tension.

Neon Green, Verandi, Euphoria and 3 others like this.
  6. The intro alone is like audio poppers.

Euphoria and johnny_tsunami like this.
  7. my tears ricochet definitely gets the biggest glow up in the long pond sessions version. The piano arrangement is gorgeous and less is more for the instrumental.

OceanBlue, Andrew.L, Bolton and 5 others like this.
  8. Also: runner up is illicit affairs and that absolutely enchanting guitar riff

9. I'm still a believer but I don't know why
    I've never been a natural
    All I do is try, try, try

Continues to rip me apart every time I hear it. And the way that there's an entire band playing under her vocal, like they're a few rooms away as she's singing over them, adds to the feeling of loneliness for me. And how the music behind her gets quieter at around 2 minutes into the song and then comes back in for the bridge, like you can feel someone losing interest in you and it's a constant battle of trying harder and harder to attain it.

10. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

The way she (and probably everyone around her) thought there were no singles to push and only bothered with "cardigan", when it turns out people were here for "the 1", "exile", and now "august" in equal measure. Welp. Although I'm also here for the fact that the album sold similarly to Lover with basically none of the same promo/traditional album campaign shenanigans.

Rem, nooniebao, Kuhleezi and 8 others like this.
  11. I finally watched the long pond sessions on Disney+ and thought it was fantastic. I usually don’t care for these kinds of live specials, but hearing Taylor, Jack, and Aaron describe exactly what they were going for when creating these songs, along with the live arrangements made the album resonate with me in a way it hasn’t before.

12. i feel like it was more because she immediately dove into evermore after folklore’s release and knew another album was coming, so she just focused on that taking up her time. Had it just been folklore, I’d imagine she would’ve pushed more proper singles.

13. It’s Illicit Affairs all the way for me. That song does something to me, and it’s even enhanced in the sessions version.

Florencia. and Robert like this.
  14. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I actually don't think so, although that's possible. "cardigan" was basically DOA so there was time to push something else - "exile" in particular was doing really well without much assistance. But I don't think anyone cared that much about singles, and I can't fault them for it, because the album was smashing all on its own and didn't need help. And like you said, she had also started writing new material which resulted in evermore, even if evermore was seemingly unplanned.

aux, Florencia., RUNAWAY and 2 others like this.
  15. rdp

rdp

17. I can’t believe this thread finally explained stocks to me!

Laurence, Pat, Heartthrob and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.