Taylor Swift - folklore | Page 34 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - folklore

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Judas, Jul 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nn girl just write the YA novel.

2. This year has been such a spoil, musically. So many people I love dropping high quality material, it's almost stressful because I have to split my attention.

AND NOW TAYLOR. OUT OF NOWHERE.

3. I'm...not really excited for this. I'm worried she might have benefitted from taking more time away, but we'll see.

Mr Blonde and inevitable like this.
  4. Among the fans on social media, this is getting the whole "return to acoustic/country roots" hype kind of in the same vein as Gaga's "return to dance roots" hype. I think it was smart of her to "surprise" release this because a longer wait would have set the expectations so sky high that it would've affected our appreciation of the album.

5. Genuinely hoping the whole eAsTeR eGg thing will be more enjoyable/less irritating when it's spread across an album rather than used to whip the stans into a Pepe Silva conspiracy froth through Twitter and Tumblr likes (this will obviously happen within two minutes of the album release, but it'll be nice while it lasts dd)

Steve003 likes this.
  6. I'm listening to It's Nice To Have a Friend and... god what a song. The way the details are as specific and intimate as ever but the scope is literally a lifetime.

More of that power please

7. It was extremely petty and wouldn't translate well today, but I do miss when Taylor's "Easter Eggs" for the album were passive aggressive hidden messages in song lyrics from the album booklet, instead of these YA fantasies (which I'll be eating up anyway)

Speak Now (2010)
    • Mine: Toby
    • Sparks Fly: Portland Oregon
    • Back to December: Tay
    • Speak now: You always regret what you don't say
    • Dear John: Loved you from the very first day
    • Mean: I thought you got me
    • The Story of Us: CMT awards
    • Never Grow Up: I moved out in July
    • Enchanted: Adam
    • Better Than Revenge: You thought I would forget
    • Innocent: Life is full of little interruptions
    • Haunted: Still to this day
    • Last Kiss: Forever and always
    • Long Live: For you
    [​IMG]

RUNAWAY, Slice of Life, Lila and 7 others like this.
  8. One hour. Please God, let this be good. I mean, it's already better than Lover, but please, let it actually be quality.

Verandi, Sprockrooster and Jersey like this.
  9. One hour y’all. Fuck sleep!

10. I’ve ended up staying up too

VertigoStick and Music Is Death like this.
  11. folklore is wistful and full of escapism. Sad, beautiful, tragic. Like a photo album full of imagery, and all the stories behind that imagery.”

“[My Tears Ricochet] is about a lost romance and why young love is often fixed so permanently in our memories. Why it leaves such an incredible mark.”

“I wrote My Tears Ricochet alone and it was the first one I wrote for this album.”

RUNAWAY, Wishlight, Lila and 2 others like this.
  12. Taylor's best album (I said what I said) being so powerful that it broke the forum? Legend behavior.

13. First listen, probably my favorite album from her. The lyrics are fucking gorgeous and I need more time to absorb it all. Really sounds like Fearless's mature sister.

RUNAWAY, Diet Pop!, Wishlight and 6 others like this.
  14. Goosebumps.
    Chills.
    Emotion that had me teetering on tears almost the whole time, but never made me cross the line (at least on the first listen I imagine they will come as play certain songs on repeat).

There's a measured approach & restraint to the world she has created here that is complete genius. walking alone through the woods by yourself, in deep introspection of your past, the present, & the future is what this is the soundtrack to.

A pop Walden, of sorts.

I just generally shook my head as I listened at how next level magnificent it is.

After one listen, Speak Now should be shook as my personal fave Taylor album for 10 years. i did not expect to utter that statement anytime soon 48 hours ago.

I just wanted to re-listen to each song on repeat after it ended, but tried to stay as focused experiencing it on my first pass-through as she was in her intent in making it.

A perfect first listen of an album.

Magic.

~ ~ ~

Anyways, these are thoughts after 1 listen. I can not wait to live with this album more.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  15. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

I've been having a hard time adjusting
    I had the shiniest wheels, now they're rusting
    I didn't know if you'd care if I came back
    I have a lot of regrets about that

They told me all of my cages were mental
    So I got wasted like all my potential
    And my words shoot to kill when I'm mad
    I have a lot of regrets about that

I just wanted you to know that this is me trying

[​IMG]

Sam, RUNAWAY, RainOnFire and 40 others like this.
  16. I stayed up till 5AM to listen to this and I’ll write a more thoughtful post after I’ve slept and listened again but my inti response is just FUCK ME!

RUNAWAY, Jamie, Diet Pop! and 14 others like this.
  17. my tears ricochet, mirrorball, this is me trying, exile, just... this whole thing.

I don't want to hear anyone say she's running on fumes ever again.

18. So step right out, there is no amount
    Of crying I can do for you
    All this time
    We always walked a very thin line
    You didn't even hear me out (Didn't even hear me out)
    You never gave a warning sign (I gave so many signs)

[​IMG]

19. Hot take: Lover is better than this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.