Taylor Swift - folklore | Page 37 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - folklore

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Judas, Jul 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. She just knocks it out of the park and each song hits me with a different emotion.

My Tears Ricochet and Mirrorball are just stunning.

It feels like this is the right path Taylor should be on now, her whole career has led to this being extremely poignant and gorgeous.

andru likes this.
  2. It's a pretty sweet album. To me, it's reminiscent of some of her previous early work, so I think this might appeal to quite a few of old fans as opposed to...whatever 'Lover' was a whole.

That being said, I still think a few songs on 'Lover' were shaping an interesting niche for her to dwelve into deeper in her future albums ("Soon You'll Get Better", "False God", "Afterglow" and "It's Nice to Have a Friend") and I feel like she didn't exactly do that here, which is a bit of a shame on its own.

Otherwise, some of the lyrics here are honestly quite great. It does feel like a return to form in that regard.

I think my early favorites, in no particular order, are : "the 1", "cardigan", "mirrorball", "seven" - especially the last two actually.

andru and Rem like this.
  3. invisible string I can tell is going to be my relieve my anxiety song.

4. It has some nice lyrics.

AndrewKuttler likes this.
  5. The storytelling ties here are making me giddy right now.

In august -

Remember when I pulled up and said "get in the car"
    and then canceled my plans
    just in case you'd call

and betty -

I was walking home on broken cobblestones
    just thinking of you
    when she pulled up
    like a figment of my worst intentions
    she said "James, get in, let's drive"

I adore the almost stream of consciousness, conversational nature of these songs. With betty especially, how I feel like her character is speaking directly to me. Also the lyric "wanting was enough, for me it was enough, living for the hope of it all"??? a songwriter.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  6. Are we down again?

Music Is Death likes this.
  7. This is the album I've been waiting for from her, forever. I'll type up some long-winded rant tomorrow about all of the reasons this is a perfect album and your faves could never™, but for tonight I just want to say that I'm so happy. Even though I've enjoyed her last few albums, it never felt like this. Even when I defended them, there was never a moment with reputation or Lover where I felt like they could challenge for the top spot in her discography. I've had a very emotionally draining week for a variety of reasons, and she really came along out of the blue and saved the day when I needed her most and validated the faith that I had in her all along. Her best album.

RUNAWAY, RainOnFire, 4Roses and 32 others like this.
  8. tea

tea

I'm not a fan of most of her music but I was scrolling New Music Friday and saw cardigan and decided to give it a spin. It might be my favourite song of hers yet?! If the album is just as good (and judging by most of your replies ...it is) I will be checking this out.

andru and Crisp X like this.
  9. I can't even express how happy I am. I know I said earlier that I thought this would be the album that I wanted from her for years, but the way she really took all the references I wanted her to use and put them together into one album. The storytelling. The return of her songwriting prowess. The coffeehouse folk meets indie rock meets dreampop soundscape. It's too much. I'm so happy, and I'm so emotional about the fact that this actually exists. I'm biased because this is literally my dream Taylor Swift album, but it's easily her best after the first few listens.
    [​IMG]

Sam, RUNAWAY, RainOnFire and 41 others like this.
  10. I'll write more tomorrow but Holy SHIT. What a wildly creative, interesting album that showcases her talent so well. There isn't a bad song here. I'm seriously floored and such a proud fan right now.

andru, Ashling92 and Florencia. like this.
  11. I haven’t even listened yet and I know this is wrong.

12. Yeah "mad woman" is… plain bad, start to finish. But everything else has at least something worthwhile.

13. Is my tears ricochet about her mother's cancer?

14. folklore really got me going from

[​IMG]

to

[​IMG]

15. I’ve not been here for her since 1989, and honestly where has this lyricism been? This is very, very good.

unnameable likes this.
  16. I'm a sucker for intimate albums. This is warm, the arrangements are soft and I love when they go on a loop. This is perfect for this moment, she sounds like a friend huging you and telling you everything's going to be hit. I like the fact she is not chasing hits this time around.

17. Fuck.

18. This album. She did that! Exile slayed me.

RUNAWAY, 4Roses, PopCrushed and 9 others like this.
  19. Looks like we'll be folkloring this summer.

[​IMG]

RUNAWAY, evilsin, 4Roses and 21 others like this.
  20. 'Cardigan' isn't very good, ddd

Milotic and Eskapism like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.