Taylor Swift - Lover (7th Album) | Page 132 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - Lover (7th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Music Is Life, Feb 3, 2019.

1. I’m waiting with bated breath to see how the deluded Swifties will edit the song’s Wikipedia page so the Critical Response doesn’t look as woeful as it does now.

2. I’m actually like, so beyond disappointed with this that I’m not sure what to add to these lashings.

Like, it’s a fun basic bop that I’ll get use out of but it’s so utterly beneath her. Reputation’s worst moments were more captivating than this.

Her lead singles are always choices so I’m not shredding my stan card and giving up hope but this is... bleak. Look... was a fun mess that I’ll continue to defend but she deserves the draggings for this.

nooniebao, myblood, stuaw and 15 others like this.
  3. This doesn't disgust me....but I suspect after a week of it being pounded on the radio that it might.

My expectations after the dreadful Reputation era were low to non existent, so... I'm not offended but I'm not in love either.

The video is pretty enough. Brendon's gay shrieking at the 3:00 min mark is something. It feels very safe in the same way Katy's "Roar" did... but not just safe in a regular run-of-the-mill Meghan kind of way.. as other's have said it's in a kidz bopz way which is just bizarre to me.

Reputation felt forced, trying too hard to be dark and edgy and now it feels like she's rebounding by going too far in the opposite direction of sugary Disney princess.

4. RJF

RJF

Like... I’m shook by the sheer malevolence of it. If you cut this song’s belly open, maggots and disease would pour forth. What a rotted, evil thing in our midst. How do we kill it?

5. Honestly, I’m a hardcore stan that loves Reputation despite the lashings it got and I can’t even defend this. I think it’ll be a big hit but she’ll have to really deliver with this damn album.

myblood, Lila, Ferk and 6 others like this.
  6. This is such an insecure over-correction. I wonder if this will drop like a stone, if the critics will fully turn on her, and if the locals will fall for the negative media narrative?

Like, she’ll either be rewarded handsomely for this pandering or get punished for such a reactionary move.

7. This is exactly how I feel, too. I’m as big of a fan as you can get, but I’m a fan because of how strong her material typically is. This is so painfully generic that it’s almost insulting.

Like, it’s not a completely terrible song and I’ll get some use from it, it’s just firmly near the bottom of her discography, which is a shame considering we just expierenced the highs of Delicate and New Year’s Day in her most recent era. It’s still in her, I’m sure of that, but it’s just not a good way to kick start what should have been a triumphant return to the spotlight for her. Hopefully she’ll counter this mess by dropping another track soon.

8. Something tells me she made this entirely for the inevitable Superbowl performance with Panic!

JMRGBY88, nooniebao, myblood and 19 others like this.
  9. Gimme All Your Lovin' teas (another song that should disappear forever yet is still far better than this one).

Lost Boy likes this.
  10. So there was really no connection to The Story of Us beyond the number 4:26? I...

[​IMG]

The 8th album is totally going to be Reputation 2.0, isn't it?

nooniebao, stuaw and inevitable like this.
  11. [​IMG]

Mr.Arroz, nooniebao, myblood and 16 others like this.
  13. This is so disappointing. At least Look What You Made Me Do had personality and was at least a guilty pleasure. This is faceless and could be anyone.

nooniebao, GimmeWork and spaceship like this.
  14. RJF

RJF

IMAGINE A NINE YEAR OLD SONG’S RUNNING TIME NOT EFFECTING OR ALLUDING TO THE CONTENT OF AN ALBUM CAMPAIGN IN 2019. IMAGINE.

15. Anybody calling this anything other than her worst track ever is deranged.

16. How did we go from the utter brilliance of 1989 to a track that sounds like it was a reject from The Greatest Showman?

17. - Taylor, maybe the snakes put off the gays and the childr-

Taylor:

[​IMG]

18. This aged well.

myblood, stuaw, FridayNight and 15 others like this.
  19. [​IMG]
    Remember when this was considered embarrassing? Oops.

20. This is garbage.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.