Taylor Swift - Lover (7th Album) | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - Lover (7th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Music Is Life, Feb 3, 2019.

1. The best thing about Taylor is that she isn’t blind to criticism (even if she acts like it) so it must kill her to have found reputation met with a somewhat lukewarm reception.
    She reposted every review and tour acclaim she got.
    It’s clear she’s heard the critiques and needs to change it up, so it will be interesting to see how she swerves.

POPGASM, Laurence, mmcg10 and 8 others like this.
  2. I'd be here for something a la Holy Ground/All Too Well

pop3blow2 and Verandi like this.
  3. Not with her soulless Earth Wind & Fire cover.

4. I said i want a disco album, not an album of acoustic disco covers

5. Your profile picture was the final push I needed to purchase Emotion and Side B, it was so worth it

Music Is Life likes this.
  6. Same, 1989 and reputation were sadly lacking, though Clean came close.
    I'd say "What took you so long?" But I can't talk, so I'll just say "You're welcome."

7. Imagine if she kept playing with vocal processing effects but stuck to the more organic sound of New Years Day and we got a pop take on the last Bon Iver album. She could do something like this so well:

8. I'd be surprised if she wrote a break up song like Dear John considering her songs have always been personal and she seems happy right now.

It's ok though, because she has more than break-up songs in her wheelhouse. She has cheerful bops like Our Song, Fearless, Starlight, Sparks Fly and Style, anthems like Long Live and State of Grace, reflective songs with a positive message like Call It What You Want, Begin Again, Fifteen and You Are In Love, cute humorous songs like Blank Space and Speak Now, sensual songs like Wildest Dreams, Dress and Don't Blame Me, love songs with some uncertainty like Delicate and Enchanted, and other songs that don't really fit in any of those categories like Clean, I Know Places, The Lucky One, Safe & Sound, and they're all good. I think she's more versatile than people give her credit for and I'm excited to see what she does next.

Also looks like her AUA song with Martin & Shellback was a re-write of I Knew You Were Trouble for some German TV show?
    https://www.kiddycontest.com/finalist/ronja-harsch/

I'm still hoping for that Oscar Holter, Max Martin & Shellback collab to be a new song though.

VICTORsaurio and Ashling92 like this.
  9. Okay but this would literally be my dream album. New Year's Day has lowkey become one of my favorite songs of hers. She shines in more intimate moments like that. Have Jack get out the pots, pans, & vocoder and we'll be on to something.

I kinda don't want her to work with Max & Shellback this time around tbh

10. I'm scared of the fact that you wrote something I agree with. x

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    dontkillmyvibe likes this.
  11. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

There's always a Dear John or New Year's Day on her albums. Honestly, the nice thing for her fans at this point in her career is she's yet to turn her back on any of her old material or sounds. It's part of the reason they've yet to turn their back on her.

12. Maybe we get a new sound for this album?
    I can't imagine another full Pop album. Red was pop/country so it could be cool to have a Pop/R&B album now. Imagine Taylor as a R&B artist!

13. aux

aux

I have my fingers crossed for a fully fledged "Singer/Songwriter" album, leaning towards the stronger parts of Red, like State of Grace, Treacherous, All Too Well, The Last Time...

14. I'd really rather not.

15. ...nah

16. We saw a glimpse of what happens in 2019 when white artists do black things and it wasn't pretty, see the 'thank u, next' thread

Ashling92 and aux like this.
  17. I thought it's acclaimed?

MmmDani likes this.
  18. Ashling92, aux and Music Is Life like this.
  19. What are the other two? 1989 and reputation?

20. 1989 and Red

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.