Taylor Swift - Lover (7th Album) | Page 470 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - Lover (7th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Music Is Life, Feb 3, 2019.

1. I'm not even sure the studio knows what the target audience for this film is. Anyone who was growing up around the time Cats was big probably has adult children who won't see the movie, and their parents surely aren't going to see this. My generation wouldn't take their kids to this.

I can't wait for the Swiftie meltdowns when Tay Tay's original song gets snubbed at every awards show though

Andy French likes this.
  2. noooooooo but also yesssss.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  3. RJF

RJF

I HATE YOU.

4. Idris Elba covered in fur, my seats are bookT

[​IMG]

5. I saw Cats once, re-enacted by the staff of a seaside resort. I was 6 and horrified. Ready for this nightmare from the past to come to haunt me again.

myblood, Lapras, Trinu 3.0 and 3 others like this.
  6. I have a vivid memory of my grandma telling me that she saw Cats during its run on Broadway and she fell asleep.

7. Motion Captured Post Production CGI'd fur? Oh. Dear.

myblood, LP, AndrewKuttler and 5 others like this.
  8. The most famous anecdote about Cats is this. There are two blue hairs standing outside of the Winter Garden Theater (where it played for 150 years).
    Blue Hair #1: Have you seen Cats?
    Blue hair #2: No, what's it about?
    Blue hair #1: Well, there's this lady cat and she's real old. So the other cats sing to her. Then at the end they put her on this big tire and shoot her through the roof.

9. Andrew Lloyd Webber?

10. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt did a parody of Cats on the show and honestly it told me everything I needed to know

11. Imagine if somehow Cats ends up getting better reviews than The Lion King?

12. Cats has:

- No story
    - No real characters or characterisation
    - No purpose
    - 1 or 2 great tunes, one of which is irrelevant to the show as a whole (Memory) and stands alone perfectly well.

13. The one positive is that it will make the Lion King remake seem like a masterpiece in comparison.

myblood, LP, GimmeWork and 4 others like this.
  14. Cats is honestly a travesty and one of the worst musicals ever. God only knows how it ran on Broadway for as long as it did the first time around. Andrew Lloyd Webber is a hack.

heavymetalGAGA, myblood, R92 and 8 others like this.
  15. It's going to be as much of a visual disaster as the Sonic movie isn't it.

(But enough about Lover, let's talk about Cats etc.)

16. Omg I was literally about to go down this wormhole too after the mention of Nicole

JasonJay likes this.
  18. I know nothing about Cats, but the story synopsis on Wikipedia makes it sound like a four-year-old child came up with it.

19. Yeah, Cats is honest to God one of the worst things to ever hit the stage, let alone become successful. If you told me it was a spin off of this iconic piece of literature, I'd believe you.

20. I think one of my biggest pet peeves in popular culture is when celebrities who otherwise have no writing talent still manage to get a book out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.