Taylor Swift - Lover (7th Album) | Page 735 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - Lover (7th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Music Is Life, Feb 3, 2019.

1. okay

LP, myblood, Sam and 9 others like this.
  2. Which means All Toot Smells and Welcome To New York, Fags also exist!!
    Nah she really has been a brilliant songwriter. It's a shame when she releases a real dud.

myblood, Andrew.L, Diet Pop! and 8 others like this.
  3. Has she ever spoken about/acknowledged the "Spelling is fun!" erasure?

Rob likes this.

4. Exposed, ddd.

flowersandu likes this.
  5. Maybe she realised it made a god awful song, even worse.

6. "So It Goes..." > "Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince."

rdp, myblood, 4Roses and 14 others like this.
  7. So It Goes > A lot of her discography

rdp, beyoncésweave, myblood and 11 others like this.
  8. So It Goes is great but Miss Americana is miles better. The twinkling piano, the melodies, the BRIDGE...she did that.

OspreyQueen, Rem, myblood and 14 others like this.
  9. Taylor talking about re-recording her albums:

I think I would prefer new versions, but nothing too drastic

10. Yeah it’s an interesting one.

One hand I’d be happy for songs like Cold as You, You’re not Sorry and Come In With the Rain to be kept the same but with better vocals. On the other hand, the live lounge version of Love Story was incredible and she’s done some great piano versions of songs that were originally on guitar so I’m kinda here for both options.

alanmr and Florencia. like this.
  11. The thing is....

You Need To Calm Down went down amazingly in a straight Vegas bar before, so it’s all you USAers fault we’re here.

I didn’t bop I swear-ish

1. "You Need to Calm Down" bops if you ignore its asinine lyrics.
    2. Same with "London Boy," though I think it's a little less stupid to American audiences—hey, sistren!
    3. 16 of these tracks make one of my favorite albums of 2019.

12. Especially her oldest material could benefit from some new touches here and there in my personal opinion. But on the other hand I wouldn't want any changes on songs like Blank Space. It's a difficult one but we will have two versions of everything so everyone can just listen to their favorite I guess. I'm just really looking forward to hearing old songs with her matured voice.

I'd also like a re-recording of Lover with drastic new versions of most songs, it would be appreciated.

13. So many facts on this page.

14. Yeah, I don't even know myself how I feel about this.

On one hand, she's clearly making this whole affair to own the masters of her back catalogue (through recording it instead of buying it) and for the fans to actually stream these versions instead of the old ones, so it would make sense to make the songs as close to the originals, so the choice isn't hard on which to stream.

But at the same time, it does seem like a bit of wasted opportunity not to re-imagine things although she literally gets the chance to do so.

15. Someboy

Someboy Moderator

Uh, I think she should take the opportunity to reimagine some choice lyrics.

16. If she doesn't do Better Than Revenge I'm shredding my stan card.

17. I want her to rewrite Picture to Burn to make it more homophobic.

18. I'm really curious to see if her love for money and pettiness is strong enough to make her re-record *checks rate* 109 songs. Even psychopaths must get bored at one point?

19. I don't really care about her rerecording her albums other than to be petty but I would love it if she gave us a compilation of some of her old songs reworked. The bumpkin gays NEED the 1989 Tour version of Love Story sis.

Falcon, myblood and Music Is Life like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.