Taylor Swift - Lover (7th Album) | Page 736 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - Lover (7th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Music Is Life, Feb 3, 2019.

1. I think if she actually re-records her entire discography, I might fall in actual love with her.

2. This is what I would do if I were her. The majority of the streams and sales are gonna be for her singles, not Last Kiss and Hey Stephen. Just do a Greatest Hits: Reimagined and do slightly different versions of your singles, throw on Better Man and whatever else and call it good.

I'd leave 1989 and Reputation's hits as they are. For the pop crossover hits like Love Story and You Belong With Me she could fully reimagine them like the 1989 tour, and for country specific hits like Tim McGraw just re-record with her improved vocals.

Island, myblood, Pasta and 3 others like this.
  3. A non-exhaustive list of stan demands
    • Love Story 1989
    • Better Man
    • Holy Ground (live lounge version)
    • Style with final double chorus
    • Should’ve Said No/Bad Blood rep tour mashup.
    • I’d Lie

4. Wait, throwing in her versions of Better Man & Babe are a concept.

& This Is What You Came For for a kii.

5. The fact that the one HQ video of her performing Better Man is interspersed with scenes of Scott Borchetta talking...I don’t know a man I hate more.

6. I agree with lots of these but the 1989 version of Love Story should never reappear again - it sucked all of the amazingness out of the song.

7. A version of 1989 with the bonus tracks on the main version and without Shake It Off or Bad Blood would be nice.

If You Go likes this.
  8. Not directly related to the re-recordings but while we’re on the topic of re-imaginations, I definitely see some sort of Love Story/Lover tie-in happening on the tour whether it’s a medley or just singing them back-to-back.

CIOB and Florencia. like this.
  9. She better rerecord Crazier and Today is a Fairytale for my bumpkin heart.

10. Picture to Burn featuring Doja Cat sounds lit.

11. Speak for yourself.

12. Off topic but I'm listening to the Live Lounge version of Holy Ground again and

"spinning like a girl in a brand new dress
    we had this big wide city all to ourselves
    we block the noise with the sound of "I need you"
    and for the first time I had something to lose
    and I guess we fell apart in the usual way
    and the story's got dust on every page
    and sometimes I wonder how you think about it now
    and I see your face in every crowd"

is destroying me tonight. It's been one of my favorite songs of her's since Red came out but there's something about the more introspective piano instrumental that's making it feel new again. One criticism I will not accept when it comes to her is that she's not a damn good songwriter. I could easily call Red her opus just for Holy Ground alone

myblood likes this.

14. She was great on The Voice back in..2014? So I am looking forward to this

15. Will she rerecord 'Ronan'?

16. Why.

17. His soul won't escape from Scooter Braun's clutches on its own now will it?

myblood, R92, Wishlight and 42 others like this.
  18. So evil, but I chuckled.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.