Taylor Swift - Lover (7th Album) | Page 754 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - Lover (7th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Music Is Life, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Why wouldn’t you want the best track on the record as a single though? Does every single need to give me cavities and fuck with my blood sugar levels?

2. Well this was lovely.

I know her single choices are usually bizarre but why in the world didn’t she lead this album with The Man and Lover? They both execute her self-assuredness and storytelling capabilities much better than the two leads we actually got. Put out I Think He Knows or Cruel Summer as the third single and you’ve got a very strong run that showcases everything she’s done well in this latter part of her career.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  3. She definitely does the majority of the album she's promoting, but on the Rep tour she included like 10 of her old songs, and I actually think the balance worked really well. So I definitely wouldn't let that put anyone off.

Falcon, LP, nooniebao and 3 others like this.
  4. ohnostalgia likes this.
  5. I know heaven’s a thing. I go there when you touch me. Honey, hell is when I fight with you” is the sexiest Taylor has ever sounded.

I’m really loving this album more over time. I’m even beginning to like the songs I considered duds at first like Death By A Thousand Cuts and Paper Rings.

6. aux

aux

WarmBlood11 likes this.
  7. She did a wonderful job emulating human emotion in that All Too Well performance. It's been a while since that song hit me hard like this.

8. Rise, Death by a Thousand Cuts, Rise!

9. I screamt

10. Best track? Ha. You're funny. Yes, Swifities love the song but that doesn't mean it's a hit for the rest of the radio-listening world.

11. This has basically no bearing on whether the song is good or not.

12. The second verse (bridge?) of Death By A Thousand Cuts...I can hear God. The entire tiny desk set was great.

13. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

She really is the Big Pop Girl with the worst single choices.

If she were to do three more here, not out of the realm of possibility, I’d go with The Man, False God, and Cornelia Street.

Ashling92 likes this.
  14. You will not though.

push the button likes this.
  15. The struggle would be finding someone else to come in truth.

16. Taylor it's time to release this smash in waiting and finally get a number one this era.

17. I listen to this... all the fucking time.

[​IMG]

18. Shut up sjdkfjfjjshshdcb

19. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I'm so annoyed that she's anointed All Too Well as the sole album track worthy enough to be wheeled out for multiple performances over the years. It should be State of Grace.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.