Taylor Swift - Lover (7th Album) | Page 795 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - Lover (7th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Music Is Life, Feb 3, 2019.

1. God, seeing it printed on that t-shirt sort of reinforces just how utterly wretched the creative direction for this era was.

It's certainly not the first time the album shoot beat you over the head with its intended theme (although at least the reputation cover was somewhat interesting, in my eyes, and the era itself sort of warranted it) but it's just so. fucking ugly. Not even that, but it's just such a dire (and yet fitting) representation of everything those initial singles set out to correct and the level of credit/intelligence she gave people in going about that in the first place.

Thinking about it, Red was probably the only album shoot of hers I actually thought was any good. The first two are boring as hell but largely inoffensive, Speak Now is ugly as sin in either colour variant, I guess 1989 has come to embody its cover in my mind but there's still little to grab onto and the reputation shoot at large was crap too.

2. RMK

RMK

Yeah, I thought the aesthetic would’ve grow on me throughout the era as more photos and the cover were revealed. Sadly, it only really got worse. Using pastels and lighter colors makes sense for the music, but the tackiness could’ve been avoided easily.

Digital_Fossil likes this.
  3. Sam

Sam

I’m still so obsessed with Out of the Woods omg

That little “yeah!” vocal sample that fades in just before the middle eight that could either be Taylor’s voice or a shooting spacecraft in an arcade game is everything

myblood, Diet Pop!, Meathook and 12 others like this.

4. Some fantastic shirt/sweater designs to make up for the AMAs nightmare.

aux likes this.
  5. Where, where are they.gif

jkennedy737 likes this.
  6. I do like the designs of the new merch, but they could not be more further detached from the "Lover"-era aesthetic. It's a shame that the album's aesthetic couldn't be more in line with this.

7. aux

aux

I just got paid and I dangerously want that Cruel Summer t-shirt

8. 'The Man' has grown on me so much, but I still think it's lacking something.

Dangerous Maknae likes this.
  9. That “I Hope You Like Taylor Swift” doormat being sold out...why do I get the impression that’s because Lena Dunham and Selena Gomez bought them all

10. Merch with the album tracklist on it is a trend that needs to die, quick

myblood, Diet Pop!, Wishlight and 6 others like this.
  11. You know Todrick Hall used his dancers' salaries to buy all of those.

12. Amazon is trash and Blank Space should be number 1 but we will take it.

13. Shake It Off as number one? Of the decade? Are you fucking kidding me?

14. Apart from Blank Space and We Are Never Getting Back Together these are... choices.

nesstorcx___ and Vixen like this.
  15. Shake It Off, best of the DECADE? I don't think so, Jeff Bezos

16. Not this I Knew You Were A Smash Hit shade.

17. It’s fine but nowhere near the best song on Red, let alone top 100 of the decade!

Vixen likes this.
  18. But it IS better than We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together which you mentioned in your post x.

GimmeWork, Falcon, Vixen and 7 others like this.
  19. 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together' is amazing. It took me so long to realise but it's hooks galore, the writing it sharp as fuck and it's all delivered with the sort of knowing wink she came to lose an album or two down the line.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.