Taylor Swift - Lover (7th Album) | Page 852 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - Lover (7th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Music Is Life, Feb 3, 2019.

1. what a dull, cliche way of bashing men. so boring.

Bobbyrae likes this.
  2. I really enjoyed the video! It starts slow and it's not clever but it develops nicely into some big dumb fun. It looks beautiful and some of the shots (the hands in the hall) are really striking. Love Tay Tay's little memo for the "actor" at the end. This will more than do the job.

speedyboi likes this.
  3. The make up is very Rami Malek in Bohemian Rhapsody, isn't it?

4. It’s certainly not a bad video, it’s biggest offence is just being as predictable as I would have expected from Taylor, and I say that as a fan.

I’d have thought with it being her first time directing alone that she’d have done something a bit more unique, but it’s a perfectly serviceable video for The Man.

I did like the “if found please return to Taylor Swift” part especially.

Wishlight, aniraz, alestevens and 8 others like this.
  5. Meh.

Rylan's looking good though.

Mvnl likes this.
  6. The Graffiti album titles part is awesome, as is “owned by Taylor swift.”

V3RYP05H and Someboy like this.
  7. Open mouth.
    Insert foot.

8. That was...eh. It felt like it was trying to make points, but didn't really succeed. Like, she could've gone a lot deeper then that, but decided not to. There were some nice moments but it just felt like it didn't hit as hard as it should. Kinda like, yes these are all things men do, but what's the point you're trying to make?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  9. Honestly, this was exactly what I was expecting. Nothing about this surprised me; it doesn’t take risks and thinks it’s doing and saying much more than it actually is which sums up Taylor’s output for me over the last few years.

Bruno Ferreira likes this.
  10. She looks like the white males on those Daily Mail articles about private school City lawyers who have one line of meph inside the LEON loos then spend a weekend riding jet skis on Thames river.

Kuhleezi, Wishlight, Crisp X and 10 others like this.
  11. Legitimately impressed by the transformation, but otherwise...meh.

12. It would have been a much better video with a better director. The aesthetic looked like Joseph Khan without any of the excitement (though he’s run out of that as of late as well to be fair).

Steve003, heavymetalGAGA and sesita like this.
  13. I thought it was a nice video. Of course, it was the transformation that made everything interesting and I agree that it was sort of predictable in certain parts but overall I really liked the video. Tyler Swift made me giggle

14. The transformation was too realistic / believable for it to be fun. We're basically watching a Joe Jonas video.

I think something like Mariah as Eminem (where you see both of them and it's funny) is what they needed to go with.

Bobbyrae, Kuhleezi, Wishlight and 8 others like this.
  15. Boy Taylor is kinda hot ngl, but the video is bland and the song is still beige as hell. It's a shame her last truly great video/song combo was Delicate.

16. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Hm.

I'm tempted to give this one to her, because it somehow manages to be more subtle than I was expecting, however, it's also quite predictable and passé. Never mind.

sesita likes this.
  17. It's almost as if most of her personal grievances with the patriarchy are rooted in personal greed and monetary self-interest

18. It was fine but there was no Camila so I’m going to call that a win.

Kuhleezi, alanmr, Wishlight and 7 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.