Taylor Swift - Lover (7th Album) | Page 854 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - Lover (7th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Music Is Life, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Genuinely amazed by the transformation, everything else....

2. RMK

RMK

Haven't even watched and I can already tell the idea was to get people talking about the transformation: "I can't believe she did that" etc. It's very predictable.

Bruno Ferreira likes this.
  3. This might have worked better 5 years ago.

Kuhleezi, Wishlight, Vixen and 8 others like this.
  4. formerly nomoresadsongs

scream?

5. goodbye Ellas!

Wishlight, Vixen, Laurence and 3 others like this.
  6. The casual transphobia of the manspreading scene. Yeesh.

7. Taylor dressing up as a man and doing man things for a video called “The Man”

8. LOL this is the whitest humor/music video I've seen since... The Lonely Island.

9. This needed a more creative concept not one that's been done to death.

10. I imagine Taylor thinks she's making a statement by directing this herself, but for someone who has a particularly poor record of giving female directors opportunities to helm her big budget music videos, this would have been a great time to team up with a woman who could have given it a more nuanced treatment.

Vixen, Bruno Ferreira and bess marvin like this.
  11. *giggles*

12. Swish Swish was 2017 though.

13. Tayla Parx and Halsey have been announced as the performers before her headline spot at the Final Four concert series (aka only Lover Fest date in the south) in Atlanta in April

Ashling92 likes this.
  14. Sam

Sam

Tyler Swift would get it.

stuaw likes this.
  15. Well...I don't hate it. I was genuinely going back and forth for most of the video on if "the man" was her. There were a few mannerisms here and there that kind of gave it away, but I will say that I think she did sell it pretty well. Like a lot of people here, I just think she could've pushed the whole thing a little further. It could've been much more of a moment but instead all I'm seeing is people talking about the transformation (which I am actually pretty impressed with, honestly).

I will say that it's her best video this era, but that's not not a high bar to clear, so. I do feel like this whole single campaign is arriving a bit too late, though. This would've worked much better as the lead in into the album campaign, rather than being thrown out almost 7 months after the album came out. I do think the song slaps though, so I'm at the very least happy it's finally getting some recognition beyond being an album standout.

Also man Taylor is kind of hot.

Scotty B likes this.
  16. Speaking of terrible Katy videos this one feels very 'Birthday'

Vasilios likes this.
  17. It’s boring.

Bruno Ferreira likes this.
  18. The fact that there was a joke about public urination and she ended up peeing the song's name onto the wall.

If this was a Katy Perry video, it'd be torn to shreds.
    At least Katy had the self-awareness to know she was the clown.

aboutyounow, Delulu, Kuhleezi and 7 others like this.
  19. Wait

“Tyler Swift”’s voice

is The mcfucking ROCK

I HATE HER

Subspace88, Wishlight, Vixen and 2 others like this.
  20. I hate it. Just because she's friends with Katy now doesn't mean she should be consulting her for video concepts.

The fact that the Lover video is the only good visual from this era... I hate her.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.