Taylor Swift - Lover Fest | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - Lover Fest

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by nomoresadsongs, Sep 17, 2019.

1. "first of its kind"

UH, my Rep STADIUM Tour date in Atlanta had a halo board like that and it wasn't some 4K experience. No one wants to spend the entire show looking at the ceiling when they're already in the rafters.

2. Would @delicatewndrlnd lie? Apparently so.

3. I still can't believe the backtracking with this tour. She implied the album was meant to be heard live in more intimate settings... yet here we are, with fucking huge stadiums again.

Truce, Staticboombox and Lapras like this.
  4. I wouldn't mind an in-the-round stage setup, in fact I predicted she may do an arena tour like this when she mentioned a more intimate setting, I'm just not sure how it'll work for a stadium show?

Fans are comparing the stage setup to the ME! music video but I don't understand how that would work as there are seats behind the section that would be elevated and how would those fans see?

5. Taylor stand being not so clever shocker.

lushLuck likes this.
  6. I still don’t really know how this stage setup will work logically. Where is the band going? Will there be room for dancers?

7. Arena seats are the worst, never mind stadium ones.
    Anyone buying stadium seats is a tragic fool.

lushLuck likes this.
  8. I've always loved my seats at stadiums. Fuck standing, my back can't take it.

jackangelo likes this.
  9. Tickets are onsale now. It looks like prices are quite reasonable, I've seen screenshots of 100 level seats going for about $150-200.

It looks like everyone is stuck in a 2,000+ person queue though

aux likes this.
  10. Lover Fest sounds like a film Netflix would throw out at Valentine’s Day (starring Mya and Brendan Fehr)

superglowy, jakeyfw and lushLuck like this.
  11. I am the proud owner of 2 very mediocre club level seats (or as Vas would say “a tragic fool”) that I panic-purchased after an hour and a half in the waiting room...for far too much

Ashling92, Vasilios and Babyface like this.
  12. Night 2 tickets for LA secured. I would’ve tried to go both nights but of course one of my high school hunties has to get married on Night 1, so I’ll be flying down to LA on the 26th and going basically straight from the airport to the stadium. Either way it’ll be my third time seeing her in less than 2 years so I guess I can’t complain dd.

alanmr, Rem, Ashling92 and 4 others like this.
  13. Was it hell buying tickets for you too? I thought I would do okay based on my Rep points but I got in the waiting room at 3:20 and waited until 5:40 to buy tickets

14. I had a friend buying the tickets since I was traveling but yeah it sounds like he was waiting for nearly 3 hours. I guess that’s what happens when someone who sold out 40 Stadium dates in North America on her last tour cuts down to 4 shows.

15. Well, I guess that wasn't meant to be. I got in the queue shortly before the 4:00 p.m. onsale time for LA night 1, waited 5 hours to get to the front of the queue, to find that only $400+ tickets were available. I'll try again for the general public onsale tomorrow, but I'm not overly optimistic.

16. Got my ticket to night 1 of Lover Fest West! It’s a nothing seat but I’m happy that I’ll finally be able to see her live after being a fan for so long.

Rem, CIOB, Ashling92 and 3 others like this.
  17. Honestly though whats the deal with US concerts being SO expensive? I had a look at the Jingle Ball prices just now for shits and giggles since I have friends in NYC and the prices are just off the charts insane.

Like...I paid about 120/130 euro for a Rep Stadium tour ticket last year in Dublin and that was probably the most I've paid for a concert ever.

CIOB likes this.
  18. The answer lies in your question. Stadium shows are cheaper. A radio show with multiple hot acts and most tickets going in giveaways is going to be expensive. It’s not really a fair comparison.

19. But @popscene just said tickets were going for $400 for the Lover tour...and I've looked up American tours before and they're always several times more than European prices (generally).

20. Pit tickets were $400. Now that it’s soldout “platinum seats” are magically available for $400+

I saw people online getting floor seats for $180. I paid about £160 for my Rep floor seat. I think it’s more supply and demand and venue sizing than US versus UK/Europe

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.