Taylor Swift - Lover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subwaykid

Staff member
I’ve been wanting her to live her 60’s dancing fantasy since I Knew You Were Trouble, for whatever reason, so I’m glad this video gave me that at least. The rest was inconsequential and honestly edited too quick to even understand what was happening.

It's so funny (or sad?) seeing her Tumblr fans write long, posts about how great this song is, and making intricate meaning out of lines of the song that I bet Taylor herself didn't even mean/hadn't even thought of. Most of her minions will never admit it's a bad song, or that they don't like it. And a lot of their fawning is tailor made for Taylor herself to "like" their posts. The more they fawn and gush, the better chance she'll "like" and acknowledge them.

It's so funny (or sad?) seeing her Tumblr fans write long, posts about how great this song is, and making intricate meaning out of lines of the song that I bet Taylor herself didn't even mean/hadn't even thought of. Most of her minions will never admit it's a bad song, or that they don't like it. And a lot of their fawning is tailor made for Taylor herself to "like" their posts. The more they fawn and gush, the better chance she'll "like" and acknowledge them.

It’s also genius. I bet most of the views are from the base trying to interpret clues. This will be her legacy and I’m interested to see what money-making scheme she’ll pull off next. I just wish she knew how to balance artistry and business like Bey or Rih. Alas...

It's cute in a derogatory sense. Taylor coming back with this is cute. Brendon Urie appearing on this because he got a radio hit earlier this year is cute, etc.

This is really quite bad objectively, but I will bop when I hear it accidentally. I'm actually not too worried about the album itself. I really like "reputation" (her "worst" album), and the only Tay album I actually dislike is her debut. We're fine in my book!

she/her
Billboards review is actually pretty positive.

Also, I know most people here think I’m forcing myself to like the song...I’m not. Anyone looking at my posts in the Taylor rate knows I’ve been critical of some of her stuff (I think Stay Stay Stay is awful, and I dislike I Did Something Bad the more I hear it). I understand the criticisms here, I just actually enjoy listening to this basic bop. It’s harmless and catchy. Obviously she’s capable of better, but that was the same reaction when she released Shake It Off.

I also adore musicals like The Greatest Showman, and am going to see Hugh Jackman in concert next month so liking this song is not that surprising ddd.

This is also wrong and not even amusing.
I still find the song her worst lead single ever, tied with Shake It Off (although the stupid bridge may make this one of her worst songs, period); but I love the video, everything about it. Every time I reach the bridge, besides taking off my headphones, I can't help but want to see Charlie and the chocolate factory
Her worst lead for sure, but I also struggle even finding a worse single in general.

he/him
I went to read Rob Sheffield's review for a potential kii and just got to the bit where he tries to cite Michael Jackson as Taylor's role model in terms of releasing lead singles.

That’s how MJ wanted it. And that’s how Taylor likes to do it, too.

1525910613-ppafuyq.gif

Billboards review is actually pretty positive.

Also, I know most people here think I’m forcing myself to like the song...I’m not. Anyone looking at my posts in the Taylor rate knows I’ve been critical of some of her stuff (I think Stay Stay Stay is awful, and I dislike I Did Something Bad the more I hear it). I understand the criticisms here, I just actually enjoy listening to this basic bop. It’s harmless and catchy. Obviously she’s capable of better, but that was the same reaction when she released Shake It Off.

I also adore musicals like The Greatest Showman, and am going to see Hugh Jackman in concert next month so liking this song is not that surprising ddd.

But Stayx3 is a bop!

Status
Not open for further replies.