Taylor Swift - Lover | Page 786 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - Lover

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Music Is Life, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Grammy Nominations:

Lover - Song of the Year
    Lover - Best Pop Vocal Album
    You Need To Calm Down - Best Pop Solo Performance

2. No way am I going to subject myself to that trailer.
    [​IMG]

lushLuck likes this.
  3. I am happy Lover (the song) got a nomination for SOTY. Totally deserved

4. Cats is in the top 5 of musicals at the box-office of all time. There's a built in audience from that alone. This will do well if not better than the Les Miserables film, likely better due to length. However unlike that film it will live on in home media, spotify playlist etc.

Conan likes this.

5. Since she’s actually acknowledging her nominations this time I have a feeling she’ll attend for the first time since 2016.

6. This doesn't say much since I do this with all of her albums, but I'm still getting a lot of use out of this album. I'm obsessed with Cruel Summer at the moment.

I revisited the Lover video earlier and I think it's one of my favorite videos of hers? She doesn't have a super strong videography in general but it's very well shot and the imagery is gorgeous.

7. Yeah I'm still playing the album all the time. So much gorgeous stuff.

myblood, Florencia., alanmr and 2 others like this.
  8. Me too, probably my favourite album this year.

9. Annie Clark popping into the studio, presumably suggesting “cru-ue-ue-uel” as a hook, and grabbing a writing credit is still iconic.

myblood, Sail On, Subspace88 and 18 others like this.
  10. Lover would be in my top 5 albums (this year) if it didn't have 'Paper Rings', 'London Boy' and 'ME!' dragging it down. I truly love the rest of the thing.

Glad the title track has been nominated for a Grammy.

11. Paper Rings & London Boy are bops.

12. Yes. I unashamedly love Paper Rings, especially the pre-chorus and London Boy is hilarious fun.
    Are they technically good or great songs? Eh. But they're fun. And sometimes that's all my basic ass needs.

alanmr and Florencia. like this.
  13. I love when Taylor delivers a fun, cheesy bop. London Boy has a really good melody & I like the lyric changes she does in the chorus.

At least they're not her demented version of cheesiness that she gave us with ME! & Stay Stay Stay dddd.

myblood, Mikal, Bolton and 5 others like this.
  14. 'You Need to Calm Down' is far and away the worst track on Lover.

'London Boy' is quite good and 'Paper Rings' is actually one of my favourite tracks on the album.

enjoy and speedyboi like this.
  15. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I thought the era of crackhead Swifties was over.

16. Exactly! It's cute but not overly cute.
    I still love Stay Stay Stay though.

17. I like the production but those lyrics and her bringing back her fake accent for no reason makes it one of the most ridiculous songs in her discography. It always sounded a bit unhinged to me.

myblood, alanmr, Florencia. and 3 others like this.
  18. "Stay Stay Stay" is cute. I'll never understand the vitriol.

@Mushroom "ME!" is easily the worst. Like, no contest.

19. Dddd that's why I love it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.