Taylor Swift - Lover | Page 819 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - Lover

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Music Is Life, Feb 3, 2019.

1. RMK

RMK

Cruel Summer isn't even that good.

2. I kinda wish the production on the chorus or Cruel Summer slapped a bit harder because it doesn’t quite live up to the frantic energy the lyrics are bringing.

Lapras, Andy French and Verandi like this.
  3. Cruel Summer is great but the muddiness to the production really lets it down. The chorus could land so much harder with a few tweaks.

4. Tea

5. Sam

Sam

Fuck off

myblood, joe_alouder, Truce and 21 others like this.
  6. RMK

RMK

Get taste. The only context in which Cruel Summer is a pop masterpiece is next to the duds we got preceding the album.

Jwentz, elektroxx and Verandi like this.
  7. How unfortunate for you.

8. 'Cruel Summer' is a great track, what the hell?

9. Stream Long Live tonight to ring in the new decade!

unnameable, MeganTu and aux like this.
  10. 'Cruel Summer' is fantastic. Second only to 'It's Nice to Have a Friend' on Lover.

11. Cruel Summer definitely was a letdown after hearing all the breathless praise for it. I expected it to go a lot harder

myblood, Mr Blonde, Cutlery and 9 others like this.
  12. Cruel Summer only sounds "good" because the album that surrounds it is shit.

13. Sam

Sam

Cruel Summer would sit comfortably alongside the majority of 1989. And that’s the end of it.

myblood, Music Is Life, Rem and 8 others like this.
  14. The verses of Cruel Summer are fantastic, but then that flat chorus hits.....

Verandi likes this.
  15. "Devils roll the dice, angels roll their eyes" is a great, classic Taylor lyric. The song as a whole is a solid B+. Lyrically its solid and sonically it fits into Taylor: The Pop Star's wheelhouse better than a lot of her last album did. Its cons are an under thought chorus and the blatant fact that she and Jack are a collaborative well that's running dry.

16. I'm sorry to say this but Lond0n Boi goes so hard.

Just wanna be with you, wanna be with youuUUUUuuuuUUUuuuu

[​IMG]

17. aux

aux

18. London Boy is terrible. I listened to it once when the album leaked and promptly deleted it

19. London Boy is a fun kii. Queen of giggles did what she had to do.

20. aux

aux

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.