Taylor Swift - Re-Recordings | Page 279 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - Re-Recordings

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Babyface, Feb 11, 2021.

1. I almost wish we were getting Lover (Taylor's Version) too for completion's sake, even if it doesn't really make sense. I think it's easy to see reputation and Lover as a pair, so it feels a bit off one of them is getting the re-recording treatment and the other isn't, especially with how folklore was such a major turning point in Taylor's career, and Lover being the only album that preceded it to be "left out".

Ferk and scottdisick94 like this.

2. I actually really do like Run, it's far and away the best song she's done with Ed. It reminds me of Ed's first two albums, which were actually good.

Also, her writing it on hotel paper....Michelle Branch her impact!

3. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

If you have 55 minutes to spare, her whole interview for TIFF is now available online.

Posting this here since I think most of the conversation is about the All Too Well short film.

4. Sooooo any educated guesses with Taylors coloured vinyls for the remaining albums? I have Lover (pink/blue), Folklore (biege), Evermore (green), Fearless (Gold) and Red (Red). I know it's trivial as she normally has multiple options for every album, I just don't want the same colour twice.

5. I feel like debut will be blue, Speak Now has to be purple and reputation would make sense being a grey vinyl.

POPGASM likes this.
  6. Slice of Life

Something for the Little Reputas.

7. Reputation haters stay pressed, seething and ugly!

8. so, her during the release of reputation?

Raichu and Ferk like this.
  9. Wishlight, drewsky and HairBodyFace like this.
  10. I wonder how she is planning the rollout of the re-recordings. Midnights is coming later this month and a tour is rumoured for next year?

11. This is how I imagine it will go and maybe a repeat of new album then re-record.

October - Midnights
    December - Tour Announcement

April - Speak Now TV
    May - Tour Starts
    November - 1989 TV

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
  12. I imagine she’s done with debut, Speak Now and 1989, and she’ll be working on Reputation shortly. I would love Speak Now at the top of next year & 1989 just before the tour kicks off. Reputation and finally the debut will probably be towards the middle/end of next year.

Florencia. and Ferk like this.
  13. Slice of Life

The Sun isn’t exactly the most reputable source but they were right about Taylor recording new music so yath, LET’S GO!!

14. She can't start on it until November so that's probably purely speculative just because it's close in time, and the same outlet said she'd be releasing a song with Drake as a vault track... which we know isn't likely to happen.

15. How would the Sun even know?

16. To be fair I don’t see why she couldn’t get the vault tracks done now ready to do the album next month?

I think we all expect 1989 to be released around the tour but if Shake It Off is still caught up in court maybe she’ll switch to Reputation.

17. reputation is a good album marred by several very egregious low points so I'm looking forward to the new version if only for the vault tracks that are inevitably far less labored than several of songs that made the final cut.

18. Well, she can't release reputation before November but what stops her from recording it?

lucasdc likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.