Taylor Swift - Re-Recordings | Page 280 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - Re-Recordings

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Babyface, Feb 11, 2021.

1. If we get Reputation before Speak Now and 1989 I will riot and cry.

2. I'm pretty sure the contract said that she couldn't even re-record them until 5 years later. And I don't know for sure, but this might apply to the vault tracks too (a lot of record deals basically claim ownership over all material made, released or not, while under the label).

Florencia. and 1986 like this.
  3. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

The album isn't even done yet?! The lies!

Slice of Life likes this.
  4. I'm happy to see Imogen is still involved, at least!

5. Someone needs to warn Imogen she is in grave danger.

Wishlight, Verandi, Ferk and 3 others like this.
  6. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

PLEEK PLEEK PLEEK I NEED AT LEAST ONE MORE SONG PRODUCED BY IMOGEN FOR 1989 (TAYLOR’S VERSION)!!
    [​IMG]

7. But that means they are well behind with those re-recordings. Also, poor Imogen will probably be deleted from the re-recording after that post!

8. Sam

Sam

Blondie knows what she’s doing telling Imogen to post this and dropping the “Karma” track title all in one evening

-M- and Slice of Life like this.
  9. Here was me thinking 1989 re-release has been finished ever since she released Wildest Dreams.

10. Please Taylor have mercy on Imogen Heap I'm scared of you!!!

Lapras, BreatheBox, tea and 6 others like this.
  11. Praying for Imogen vocals on Clean. What a song!

12. What I want to know is.... did she relent to Max's fee so we won't get tin can versions of most of 1989?

13. Maybe she has all other tracks ready but the hold up had something to do with her having to wait for Imogen to be available to re-do the track?

14. Taylor cutting a deal where she’s not the primary beneficiary?
    upload_2022-10-7_15-56-3.gif

15. I need her to put these out as vault tracks for completion’s sake. Lover doesn’t really feel like a part of her pre-masters debacle chapter, but it also doesn’t feel like it’s a part of what she’s done after it.

16. Will she need to put out 1989 TV before she goes on tour? Otherwise is she allowed to legally include the tracks on any tour movie? She could feasibly cut any tracks from the other 3 albums and have more than enough hits, but the 1989 singles would be huge omissions.
    I know we’d all miss Enchanted etc but the locals wouldn’t.

Remorque likes this.
  17. No. She can use any song she wants as long as she's already allowed to re-record it. She only had that issue with the AMAs because she wasn't legally allowed to re-record yet at that point

Florencia. likes this.
  18. Amsterdam flopping on its ass…why is it that anytime she appears on celluloid it’s the biggest bomb of the year nn

19. Good David O. Russell can ROT and she should never have worked with him in the first place.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.