Taylor Swift - Red (Taylor's Version) | Page 198 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - Red (Taylor's Version)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Babyface, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Literally the state I'm in after being decimated by those booming drums and ah-ahs in the background.

Mr.Arroz, Sam, Jonathan27 and 12 others like this.
  2. People asking for Style as the lead single from 1989...

[​IMG]

The selective amnesia about how much she hates the song?

When she performed it in full maybe three times across the entire 1989 tour?

When she performed the song dressed as Olaf from Frozen?

[​IMG]

When she refused to give the gays the one thing they asked for and release the Victoria's Secret remix?

When we got that video?

[​IMG]

We'll be lucky if she doesn't delete the fucking thing from the tracklist.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
  3. DIDN'T SEE THIS COMING!

4. "Eve! From Adam and Eve! :)" still kills me.

Sam, Jonathan27, ALEX and 15 others like this.
  5. The crunchy trumpets in the middle
    eight of Babe does things to me. Miss Jack really snapped on that one huh
    [​IMG]

6. asdfgjhdgjl I forgot about this one. The disrespect!

Syzygyz likes this.
  7. RJF

RJF

It would be nice if this would encourage other artists to celebrate their seminal works a little more than the opportunity arises. Obviously not all artists would see these numbers but they would probably still see the benefit. I've had a very typically of-the-season weekend and the album has been nice to revisit as a soundtrack to it, along with the fact that so much of the album seems geared towards celebrating this time of year.

More lovingly revitalised campaigns for re-issues that essentially introduce a Side B singles run would be nice rather than, say, throwing on a bit of old merch to go and lie in the street on West Hollywood and dance with some wicked homosexuals for an hour before going home and calling that your re-issue campaign. But I suppose the former is for people who don't despise their music career.

8. I’m hooked on Holy Ground.

ALEX and Andrew like this.
  9. I think I prefer Holy Ground (originally recorded by Taylor version) tbh.

Andrew likes this.
  10. Begin Again below Stay Stay Stay on the Spotify charts maybe I will be participating Swiftian white on white violence this weekend.

11. She really shut my ass up. I like it more than the original!

12. Did we all forget that Wildest Dreams is already the lead single of 1989 TV?

13. BTG

BTG

As someone who thinks All Too Well is far from her finest, the way she’s mythologised that relationship and hustled her ass off to turn a ten minute version into a pop culture moment, to the point where the new verses seem essential (particularly the secret/oath verse) is pretty remarkable.

And that Alaïa jumpsuit. High camp.

14. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Tell me you want Madonna to revisit Ray Of Light without telling me you want Madonna to revisit Ray Of Light.

15. All Too Well is only 7 in the UK Mids, looks like it's not being combined.

Andrew likes this.
  16. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

Well Ronan has destroyed me yet again. I'm glad it finally found a place on this album, but I just can't find the heart to skip it when it comes on, so I just let it grip me and reduce me to tears every time. Truly one of her finest ever moments of songwriting.

ALEX, ufint, Ashling92 and 5 others like this.
  17. RJF

RJF

Can't believe Taylor's gonna have three albums in this year's BPG right @aux?????? [​IMG]

18. She certainly feels like one of the only (if not the only) artist in the world who can revisit every one of her albums in such an authentic and meaningful way. She has always stayed connected to each of her albums in a way that very few of her contemporaries do.

Even the prospect her of re-recording her debut album feels exciting because how much time has changed between then and now.

I guess there’s a timelessness to (most) of her music which has really allowed for the re-recordings to be a triumph.

19. All of this. Some of her contemporaries keep disowning their previous album each time they drop something new, and that kinda diminishes their own legacy. Taylor making every step of the way feel essential even when she keeps dropping stuff is what makes her discography what it is!

20. Contemporaries, yes,
    Same league, no

pdf and Espeon like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.