Taylor Swift - Red (Taylor's Version) | Page 213 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - Red (Taylor's Version)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Babyface, Feb 11, 2021.

1. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I've always liked The Last Time, but this new version sounds like one of those beefed-up single edits from back in the day and I'm not complaining. Every other song minus Girl At Home is basically a copy-and-paste version (for better or worse), but The Last Time's second verse in particular has all of these elements that just aren't there on the original, and it sounds much more dynamic and cinematic now. I'd love to know why she was willing to experiment with that one in particular (or in the case of Girl At Home, overhaul it completely).

2. RJF

RJF

She's... too powerful.

3. UK Thursday update

1 Taylor Swift - Red (Taylor's Version) (67.6k)
    2 ABBA - Voyage (37.5k)
    3 Little Mix - Between Us (31.0k)

Poor LM, they were 9 copies apart on Monday thinking they were going to win the race.

4. How has she sold so much in the UK?!!? I thought Fearless (Taylor's Version) did about 20k? I expected similar for this, but.... wow!

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  5. Fearless didn’t have vinyl or signed copies available in the first week, and Red is doing much better on streaming as well (and probably benefits additionally in the UK from being much less country-leaning than Fearless).

6. Red was the album that really made Taylor a Thing in the UK so it's no shocker. Plus it's had much more of an "era" feel about it than Fearless.

7. Any update on All Too Well on the Billboard charts?

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  8. Whats made the difference in the UK is the signed CDs. Without them she would have ended up #2 behind ABBA.

hermit_the_frog likes this.
  9. Wait let me have a lil trip in the ABBA thread for a kii

10. She is actually unstoppable.

11. RJF

RJF

She needs to do a proper UK tour the next time she's doing one. Her dates are always so austere.

scottdisick94, nooniebao, aux and 4 others like this.
  12. BTG

BTG

I’ve had far too many moments this week with All Too Well. I hate her.

The final three minutes/the entire outro is one of her finest moments.

aniraz, Sam, scottdisick94 and 21 others like this.
  13. Red has already outsold the first week sales of Fearless, Evermore, Folklore and Lover in the U.K.

14. I’ve only listened to Red this week and I’ve had All Too Well on repeat each night, I’m just in this moment she’s captured me.

15. The grip All Too Well (Ten Minute Version) has on my soul at the moment. It's already my most played song of the last month.

16. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

Imagine a From the Vault tour after all 6 albums are out.....I'm salivating.

17. Some people are speculating that Forever Winter might have been about one of her close friends who passed away from a drug overdose in 2010, she mentioned the friend in this speech:

It could have been about a few things though. I think it's my favorite vault song, it's heavy but I love it. Her delivery is perfect as well, you wouldn't know that this is a re-recording of a song written that long ago.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.