Taylor Swift - Red (Taylor's Version) | Page 222 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - Red (Taylor's Version)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Babyface, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Also, it's crazy that she turned a fan favourite/classic into this huge event, ending with an actual #1

2. Next stop, Enchanted.

3. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

Wait so who has the record of the longest time to REACH number one? I thought this would be in the running for that as well since it actually debuted at 80 on the Hot 100 back in 2012. 9 years to reach number 1 is pretty iconic right?

4. Pretty sure Mariah has that one with All I Want for Christmas is You.

joe_alouder, Syzygyz, Robert and 26 others like this.
  5. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Mariah waited 25 long years for All I Want For Christmas Is You to hit number 1.

[​IMG]

joe_alouder, Syzygyz, Robert and 41 others like this.
  6. She didn’t even pull any crazy shenanigans this time, the 10 minute version was #1 on streaming for nearly the entire tracking week.

7. Yeah, I think it would've been #1 even without the Sad Girl Autumn Version or however it's called

TrixieVillaintina and Espeon like this.

8. #1 All Too Well
    #18 State of Grace
    #22 I Bet You Think About Me
    #25 Red
    #43 Nothing New
    #45 Message In A Bottle
    #46 I Knew You Were Trouble
    #47 Run
    #51 Better Man
    #52 22
    #54 Treacherous
    #55 We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
    #59 I Almost Do
    #61 The Very First Night
    #63 Everything Has Changed
    #66 The Last Time
    #67 Stay Stay Stay
    #69 Babe
    #76 Holy Ground
    #77 Begin Again
    #79 Forever Winter
    #83 The Moment I Knew
    #84 The Lucky One
    #85 Sad Beautiful Tragic
    #87 Come Back Be Here
    #90 Starlight

9. Sad for Girl At Home!

dodoriazarbon, AshtrayHeart and Sam like this.
  10. We Are Never… being so low is such an indictment on the quality of that re-recording.

VivaForever likes this.
  11. The way she has a quarter of the Hot 100 this week... Insane

Wishlight, alanmr, Bobbyrae and 3 others like this.
  12. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

I........

Forgive me lambily, I'll reflect on my actions and come back once I've had a while to think about what I've done.

aniraz, Tracy Jacks, Orange and 13 others like this.
  13. it's actually because it's never been good and has aged terribly

14. I’d like this to happen for more of her singles please New Romantics I’m looking at you.

Wishlight, aniraz, soratami and 13 others like this.
  15. In a fairly bleak Q4 that’s otherwise dominated by predictable heavy hitters (of which I'm aware she is one ddd), I'm genuinely so pleased this was able to snatch the #1 even for just this week. She scored two last year during each release week so we knew the demand was there but it's all felt like such a genuine moment and veers just on the right side of fan extreme fan service in finally making the fan favourite a part of her cannon to the public too.

It's not even my favourite song from the album but in terms of the fight for ownership that kicked this entire project off, it feels nice she was able to use this song in particular to create something new that can sit separately from the original and have its own moment in the sun.

16. My first thought when I listened to it was damn she really hates it.

17. Here's the Amazon exclusive video for Christmas Tree Farm. She and the producer talk a little bit about the new version, and then there are clips of her and the orchestra recording.

18. The way The 10 Minute version is the last track on a 30 track album. The power.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.