Taylor Swift - reputation (6th Album) | Page 1020 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - reputation (6th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by sexercise, May 5, 2017.

1. It’s terrible. That breakdown is a cacophony.

OspreyQueen likes this.
  2. Honestly, I get some degree of use out of like 85% of this album and that probably says more about my own taste level than it does the quality of the record but *shrugs*

BIG REPUTATION, BIG REPUTATION

[​IMG]

DID YOU THINK I WOULDN'T HEAR ALL THE THINGS YOU SAID ABOUT MAAAaaAAaaaaaAAaAaaAyyyy

[​IMG]

*insert any of several obviously banal and lyrically atrocious moment from this record*

[​IMG]

3. There are some points she has made.

4. The video is fucking awful but god what a banger.

5. Honestly, I think she could've taken out a few of the more pointedly aggressive tracks (which she instead chose to make the focal point of release), sold the record under an entirely different M.O and this whole affair would have been much more digestible.

6. I don't really like End Game even after trying to force myself to, but it's fucking Beethoven next to This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things, which is by far the worst thing here and pretty much everything wrong with Taylor in recent years wrapped up in a song. Even Look What You Made Me Do is less snide and preening by comparison.

7. This is why we can't have nice things is a great track, much better than all the other whiny tracks on the album

8. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Moderator

"This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things" is, by seven million miles, her worst song ever. I don't care if y'all like the production or think her debut's songs are more boring or whatever - the lyrics are maybe some of the worst I've ever heard in a pop song and her attitude absolutely reeks. I genuinely can't even stomach it at this point, it's such a hateful pile of garbage.

There were a few tracks from this album I used here and there in the first few months, but I really don't see myself ever returning to any of it outside of "Delicate" in the future. She really did her best to make sure everything about this era and album was as abhorrent as possible.

9. "This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things"'s biggest sin is the middle 8. It would be just a throwaway song but the combo of "this is for my etc etc" and THAT laughter makes me soooo uncomfortable.

10. I partially stan Sugarland ever since they made pop magic out of Stuck Like Glue and this is another nice, glossy country-pop moment.

aaronhansome and Terminus like this.
  11. Honestly I tried to hate End Game but I can’t.

12. Remember when Taylor literally wrote my personality in her portion, whew

13. 'Babe' and the video are better than everything Taylor has done this era.

14. My misandrist heart can not take another album about how her ugly boyfriend saved her, it can not.

15. Well that's just mean.

16. In perhaps nicer terms, the big disappointment behind this era for me* was the narrative of the album essentially being 'I may have ruined my reputation but at least I have a boyfriend'.

*besides the nazi stuff ddd

17. This is totally life goals for me though let's be real

18. Watching her start the 1989 era with a song about how she doesn't sweat the small stuff and how she was over the boy drama and all about being the ultimate girls girl, to the start of the Reputation era where she is angry, petty, vindictive, but ultimately saved by her new boyfriend is quite a trip.

19. Reputation always seemed an “adult” send-up of her fairy tales of yesteryear. Only this time instead of emerging from the ivory tower as the naive princess, she emerged from the dirty dungeon as the disgraced villain.

Wishlight, Heartthrob and lushLuck like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.