Taylor Swift - reputation (6th Album) | Page 1021 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - reputation (6th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by sexercise, May 5, 2017.

1. King of My Heart is literally my least favourite on the album and it doesn't help that it's immediately followed by my favourite.

2. King Of My Heart is the best track on reputation and better than some tracks from 1989!

3. Babe video is coming tonight at 9pm EST. Another trailer:

Florencia. likes this.
  4. Come through Snake Queen!!!

5. Got the 1989 vinyl for a bargain at HMV today. Very pleased with myself.

2014 likes this.
  6. King of My Heart is one of the 4 good songs on the album.

GimmeWork and Jwentz like this.
  7. Christina Hendricks vibes.

Babyface likes this.
  8. According to Sugarland the video was shot on the set of Mad Men. I’m just glad she’s working with a director other than Joseph (even if it’s not technically her song).

Florencia. and P'NutButter like this.
  9. It’s terrible. That breakdown is a cacophony.

OspreyQueen likes this.
  10. Honestly, I get some degree of use out of like 85% of this album and that probably says more about my own taste level than it does the quality of the record but *shrugs*

BIG REPUTATION, BIG REPUTATION

[​IMG]

DID YOU THINK I WOULDN'T HEAR ALL THE THINGS YOU SAID ABOUT MAAAaaAAaaaaaAAaAaaAyyyy

[​IMG]

*insert any of several obviously banal and lyrically atrocious moment from this record*

[​IMG]

11. There are some points she has made.

12. The video is fucking awful but god what a banger.

13. Honestly, I think she could've taken out a few of the more pointedly aggressive tracks (which she instead chose to make the focal point of release), sold the record under an entirely different M.O and this whole affair would have been much more digestible.

14. I don't really like End Game even after trying to force myself to, but it's fucking Beethoven next to This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things, which is by far the worst thing here and pretty much everything wrong with Taylor in recent years wrapped up in a song. Even Look What You Made Me Do is less snide and preening by comparison.

15. This is why we can't have nice things is a great track, much better than all the other whiny tracks on the album

16. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Moderator

"This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things" is, by seven million miles, her worst song ever. I don't care if y'all like the production or think her debut's songs are more boring or whatever - the lyrics are maybe some of the worst I've ever heard in a pop song and her attitude absolutely reeks. I genuinely can't even stomach it at this point, it's such a hateful pile of garbage.

There were a few tracks from this album I used here and there in the first few months, but I really don't see myself ever returning to any of it outside of "Delicate" in the future. She really did her best to make sure everything about this era and album was as abhorrent as possible.

17. "This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things"'s biggest sin is the middle 8. It would be just a throwaway song but the combo of "this is for my etc etc" and THAT laughter makes me soooo uncomfortable.

18. I partially stan Sugarland ever since they made pop magic out of Stuck Like Glue and this is another nice, glossy country-pop moment.

aaronhansome and Terminus like this.
  19. Honestly I tried to hate End Game but I can’t.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.