Taylor Swift - reputation (6th Album) | Page 1104 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - reputation (6th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Wildest Dream, Apr 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lol

2. It seems Big Machine Records has sent Getaway Car to radios? I am seeing fans talking about it both on Twitter and Tumblr.
    It doesn't make any sense, except Scott trying to earn something else but I seriously doubt the song would do well at this point. Taylor herself killed the reputation era when she chose not to promote Delicate even when the song was doing great on airplay.

Ashling92 and alanmr like this.
  3. Yeah, it got added by 8 radio stations. That's not huge, I think it might just be Scott taking advantage of the buzz she has right now.

Florencia. likes this.
  4. Getaway Car should've been sent to radio as soon as Delicate peaked.

Runawaywithme likes this.
  5. Getaway Car is kinda boring. Strong fundamentals but no replay value for me.

Artemisia likes this.
  6. This is bizarre, is it definitely true? I’ve no idea how labels work but surely BM can’t just release stuff without Taylor’s permission? And why would she want this?

When they took down the Swift Life app the press statement clearly said ‘now that the Reputation era is over’, so this makes zero sense.

7. I’m not 100% sure how it works but I believe they would need her permission, so it is a little weird, but maybe she figures if she’s not doing a video or promoting it that nobody will even notice a couple radio stations spinning it and is throwing Big Machine a bone. Maybe it was negotiated when she was leaving?

Edit: the Director of B96 in Chicago says that it’s fake news.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    Island, Lila, alanmr and 2 others like this.
  8. It’s apparently not true? Thank god for that.

Music Is Death, Florencia. and Lila like this.
  9. Lock all Taylor threads.

10. Ready For It destroys my speakers but it's so good.

GodsAndMonsters, RMK, Rem and 5 others like this.
  11. Delicate just got a performance on the voice.

Jacob Maxwell also covered New Year's Day last year.

alanmr and Florencia. like this.
  12. I hate Getaway Car. It's like a more bland version of Out of the Woods.

13. Queen of longevity.

14. Delicate also received the Titanium Award from iHeartRadio for passing 1 Billion total spins.

As much as I wanted Getaway Car as a single to close out the era, I think that not risking the goodwill Delicate built for her at radio will pay dividends in the long run. I mean, it was sent to radio 13 months ago and is still in the overall top 40.

Florencia. and Ashling92 like this.
  15. 'Getaway Car' should've just been the 'New Romantics' for this era. Advertisement for the tour film.

Music Is Death likes this.
  16. Technically that should say 1 billion audience rather than spins. It should be nearing 4 billion audience in the US overall too, the 1 billion was for just the iHeart owned stations.

Red Coat likes this.
  17. I am really surprised that there was not more love for So It Goes on here. I think it is the sexiest song Swift has ever put out. Yes, I know Dress exists. Where Dress is the "pining in anticipation and desperately waiting" excitement, So It Goes is the moment after. You are right there, tipsy, diving in and the electricity between you and your lover is undeniable and palpable. The room disappears, you are caught up in a moment and anything can happen (lipstick on your face). The music alone so sexy. I had not really paid as much attention to the deeper cuts on reputation when it first came out beyond enjoying the discussion here. I remember one day I decided to listen through and this song stopped me dead.

Maybe I am just old and am myself nostalgic for those moments of electricity and possibility. Regardless, I think she captured it perfectly on So It Goes.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  18. Style is the closest Taylor has gotten to anything remotely unchaste

19. I think this whole album will be much more appreciated over time. Things like So It Goes are gorgeous, dark little cuts of night-time pop that deserve reappraisal.

Rem, Music Is Death, stuaw and 6 others like this.
  20. I'd argue Treacherous is sexier than Style.
    'And I'll do anything you say....if you say it with your hands' is hotter than any Style lyric.

So It Goes is one of the best songs on Rep, I been SAYING THIS FOR AGES.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.