Taylor Swift - reputation (6th Album) | Page 1106 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - reputation (6th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by sexercise, May 5, 2017.

1. Imagine thinking one of the best albums you've heard in the last luster has a song you skip let alone three.

matthew. likes this.
  2. Any Taylor fan sleeping on New Year's Day is ridiculous. It's so_gorgeous.mp3

An Insider, Ashling92 and evilsin like this.
  3. years off my life expectancy, maybe.

4. aux

aux

It was my instant favourite when the album came out. I need more Taylor tracks like that, her voice fits very well with that type of production.

For me, the holy trinity of reputation is Dancing With Our Hands Tied, Delicate and Dress. Honourable mentions to Getaway Car and New Year's Day.

5. After the initial frenzy of reputation died down, I did find myself enjoying the album a lot more.

Up Down Suite likes this.
  6. I caught myself listening to "New Year's Day". In August.

Up Down Suite likes this.
  7. This album is excellent, cohesive, and your opinion on Taylor or what you felt like she should’ve done at the time shouldn’t discount how good this pop album is.

Front to back it’s a good listen.

8. I know it will be eventually forgotten, but Dress’s bridge can really hit different.

Even in my worst times, you could see the best of me.
    Flashback to my mistakes, my rebounds, my earthquakes...
    Even in my worst lies, you saw the truth in me”

I’ve gotten a new appreciation for it and New Year’s Day lately.

Edit: I’m also glad to see the New Year’s Day praise on this page. My favourite line here is “I’ll be there if you’re the toast of the town, babe, or if you strike out and you’re crawling home.” Something about the song feels so... quiet and captures finding a safe space with someone amid the chaos. Which I guess was her point on putting it as the last track of a noisy album like Reputation.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.