Taylor Swift - reputation (6th Album) | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - reputation (6th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by sexercise, May 5, 2017.

1. I'm becoming more interested in what she's going to write about rather than how it's going to sound. This is the first album after the sort of backlash 2016 had for her, and I can't imagine someone as controlling as Taylor wouldn't have plenty to say about it.

2. Still better than your faves™

Sky B and Florencia. like this.
  3. Since 1989 was like a pop version of Fearless in a lot of ways--best selling star-making album with multiple memorable hits and an AOTY Grammy--I wonder if this next one could be a lot like Speak Now. Something more focused on flexing her artistic muscle and speaking her mind than getting easy hits.

4. Imagine if she wrote the whole next record herself again. Metacritic ain't ready.

alanmr, qetaz, joe_alouder and 17 others like this.
  5. I am neither looking for nor needing experimenting from Ms. Swift. Just bring the tunes.

Rob likes this.
  6. But what does she say without getting more backlash? A song about how Kanye and Kim were mean to her is just going to be her painting herself as a victim again and thats not going to do her any favors.

It'll be an album about Calvin Harris and Tom Hiddleston and how that day by the Rhode Island waters she knew she could love again, until his love overwhelmed her and she had to break it off and be an independent woman once again, finding comfort in her size zero girlfriends who came over to console her with gluten free crackers and TaB.

7. I already said this in the Miranda thread but let this be the lyrical blueprint for the lead single please:

8. Imagine if she came out the gates with something politically charged after staying silent during the 2016 election.

(I know she won't, nor do I want her to, I would just cackle at the mess)

9. RJF

RJF

I'm looking forward to another Taylor Swift era with you.

Rem, johnny_tsunami and Drew like this.
  10. Not sure I'm ready for her Concentrated Lemonade.

joe_alouder, aniraz, Jeffo and 17 others like this.
  11. COUNTRYTIME: The Visual Album

12. She won't want the conversation to be centered on the Kimye drama, so I doubt there will be a song about it; unless it's something general like "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger..." , which can be related to basically everything

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  13. Mess at the thought of Taylor doing political pop. She can stick to (fake) feminism on Twitter.

14. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

I think for Taylor it's more Pomegranate Kombucha.

alanmr, Jeffo, Kuhleezi and 6 others like this.
  15. For the love of Christ, PLEASE let this not be a homogenized Pop/Rock album that's been done by multiple people before. In reflecting on 1989, it was good but there was nothing special about it in the long run.

After listening to Red again recently, I need some songs like Treacherous and Sad Beautiful Tragic for the new record.

16. The only political pop we could get from Taylor is a song where she talks about the importance of information security and how to avoid leaks in your organization.

TheDangerZone, alanmr, qetaz and 21 others like this.
  17. I just want her to embrace the evil and bring us Bad Gal TayTay to the forefront. Regardless of what she writes about, I have faith she'll deliver. She always does.

18. Nobody expects to hear political statements in Taylor's music, and we all know it won't be well received by the SJW, so let's not even put the idea into this world

19. I'm more than ready for this. I believe.

20. Wanted to say please have 'All You Had to Do Was Stay' as the blueprint but then there's...the rest of 1989 too.

To think that she released 6 singles and there's still so much good stuff that was on the album that could have made even better singles.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.