Taylor Swift - reputation (6th Album) | Page 925 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - reputation (6th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by sexercise, May 5, 2017.

1. There was kind of a vague New Year’s Eve vibe going on in the video that makes me wonder if “New Year’s Day” is coming next as some sort of continuation.

2. Clarkson? She may not be Madonna but she has tons of personality and seems to be fun. Mother und horse lover yes but you know all the bops she delivered too?

3. i like some rap music, this one happens to be NOT one of them

4. She looked snatched in the one scene without the bangs.

Florencia. and MollieSwift21 like this.
  5. At this point I’m wondering if she’s going to unleash thousands of serpents on the audience at my tour date.

“PLEASE welcome to the stage” indeed.

evilsin, alanmr, fancygreen and 27 others like this.
  6. Why wasn't she wearing red lippie in the line about her red lips? It's bothering me. A basic bop. I'll use whenever it comes on the car radio, no doubt.

stuaw, flowersandu, nuel92 and 4 others like this.
  7. I like the video.

She looks great, the styling works throughout, and the art direction elevates pretty basic set ups just enough. I also like how it’s a pretty straightforward representation of the setting the entire album lives in: urban / late night / glossy.

The look on the bridge in London might be the best of the era.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    alanmr, Florencia., stuaw and 5 others like this.
  8. This album was inevitably going to mark the end of her cultural and commercial zenith (ha Born This Way!), so it’s unfortunate that this is how she chose to step down. And mostly because of... Kim Kardashian.

[/QUOTE]

To me the fact that Taylor was so devastated by Kim's exposé, and it even affected her career this way, speaks volumes of how shallow Taylor really is. Her last album makes that clear. I've never perceived Taylor's material deep before though.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  9. For someone who thinks she's in a league of her own, this is very pedestrian and predictable. "Oh look at me, I like to drink and party." She's really exposing her lack of artistic depth with her videos this era. Also, did all the other directors die? Why does she keep on using Joseph Kahn?

Noblesse, Meathook, kal and 1 other person like this.
  10. I heard the video came up and I was curious to see if it would be a cringefest like RFI.
    I found myself midway the video staring at the corner of my pc and then realising the video wasn't even over.

Boring.

11. A meh video to a meh song.

Did they just not use the scenes from the kebab shop?

12. The shots of her in the blue fur were in the kebab shop.

13. I need to watch it again.

14. I don’t know why you’d release this crap when Getaway Car (and on-the-nose Drive-inspired neon drenched video) is right there

Meathook, stuaw, flowersandu and 7 others like this.
  15. I just hate this song and watching the video feels like a chore I want to put off forever.

Trinu 3.0 and lushLuck like this.
  16. Just played End Game and it's the one song I really didn't like that time I listened to the album from start to finish.

johnoclock likes this.
  17. It does feel very...the monied version of a white girl at a party making damn sure her red cup is front and centre of any photos taken so she can make it her lit profiler everywhere.

18. You don't.

Meathook, Blob, Raichu and 11 others like this.
  19. You can leave Ms. Clarkson out of this narrative, particularly when she found her postpartum stride with Meaning of Life.

20. On the one hand it looks nice but on the other it subjected me to Ed's rapping again. The international sorority girl on a gap yeaaah concept was also a strange theme to go with.

clean your wig fridge likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.