Taylor Swift - reputation | Page 334 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift - reputation

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Wildest Dream, Apr 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falcon, Deborux and alanmr like this.
  2. Implying that "New Romantics" wasn't good enough for 1989...

3. No.

myblood, Falcon, Mr Blonde and 13 others like this.
  4. Taylor might be featured in this week's Economist, as their Snapchat live story has clip from the video.

5. What if this is the Ryan Adams version?

Makes you think.

6. I'm not exaggerating when I say this cover literally ruined wonderland for me. I still wake up screaming

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  7. Not them comparing Taylor to Eve.

These think pieces. I can't.

myblood, Mr.Arroz, Mr Blonde and 7 others like this.

8. I love you so much.

Scream

9. This is awful, whyyyyyyyyy.

10. I know I'm about a million pages late to be talking about the track but I love it.

And I get the concept but like everything I listen to I refuse to believe this track is not about me.
    The 'I'm sorry but the old Taylor can't come to the phone right now' would be great if my name was Taylor. But its not.

11. Makes you think.

12. Are you sure?
    [​IMG]

13. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Who?

RMK and beyoncésweave like this.
  14. An observation borne of hearing this in a bunch of taxis today: in less than ideal listening conditions, the production disappears and it just sounds like she's talking semi-rhythmically in the chorus. It's super abrasive that way and - however this turns out for her - I'm impressed (astounded?) that she's chosen to spend her capital this way.

Mr.Arroz likes this.
  15. Wonderland is fine. Definitely the most basic/dated 1989 had to offer, but I'd take it over You Are In Love any day.

Barf

16. To be fair, You Are in Love is 1000% more upsetting knowing it's about Frick and Frack.

17. Knowing the subject of You Are In Love puts a damper on what otherwise is one of my favorites.

And you understand now why they lost their minds and fought the wars
    And why I've spent my whole life trying to put it into words

Maybe I'm just sappy.

18. The meaning of that song, and the last half of the album in general, will always be replaced by my own memories of walking around NYC in the rain.

19. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

Not sure if serious so A parisitic WGWG whose fame stems from being the progenitor of The Acoustic Cover.

20. TM

TM

Sorry if this has been discussed, but is the cage section a dig at Miley? It's very similar to Can't Be Tamed. I don't know if they've ever had a disagreement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.