Taylor Swift - The Tortured Poets Department

But I guess the question is, why talk about random people from twitter at all when it's not particularly relevant to the forum? Like yes we get it Swifties (and most other stans) on twitter are crazy but what does that have to do with anyone here and why does it need to be repeated ad nauseum?
With all the talk about whether this is a Matty or Joe-targeted album, the Swifties were bound to be mentioned. I just don't see what the big deal is.

He/him
Meh, I'd say it's too early to declare stan frenzy on this thread when the album hasn't even been out for a week. The defensive reactions are expected but they have hardly crossed into Twitter territory of tagging her publicist to sue people for posting lyrics xkxisisisks

Oh, and as samey as it sounds on first listens I definitely enjoy it more than Midnights so there's that! I Can Fix Him will get a single release, let me will that into the universe.

Yeah, going on about those kinds of Swifties is kind of pointless when A) nobody is like that on here, and B) there are annoying people in every fandom.

Not to mention, Twitter is going to make anything look more exaggerated than it is. If you engage with a tweet (even by simply clicking on it to look at the replies), your For You feed is going to start showing you so much more from where it came from. Stan Twitter, in general, is a warzone at all times with some of the most ridiculous kinds of arguments.

Weren't most of her pre-Calvin Harris relationships only a month or two long? I always thought it was impressive that she could mine so much out of what seemed like flings, essentially. (Though I guess who knows what was actually happening in private.)

I'm not planning to listen to this until it's officially out, but I'm actually loving reading the wild differences in opinion. I can't wait to finally hear that golden retriever line. And loml, which sounds devastating.
I'm most curious to hear the title track. I'm having a hard time even imagining how those lyrics are worked into melodies.

I’m not even particularly invested either way but there absolutely are people on this board who relish posting shit from Twitter that amounts to “Look at this demented fan” for the sake of getting four likes.

Maybe just discuss the album that just leaked and drag Taylor’s attempt at legitimising Charlie Puth instead.

Honestly if I never saw another Twitter embed on this hellhole, it would be a delight.

Meh, I'd say it's too early to declare stan frenzy on this thread when the album hasn't even been out for a week. The defensive reactions are expected but they have hardly crossed into Twitter territory of tagging her publicist to sue people for posting lyrics xkxisisisks

Oh, and as samey as it sounds on first listens I definitely enjoy it more than Midnights so there's that! I Can Fix Him will get a single release, let me will that into the universe.
The album’s not even out at all!

he/him
She's typically a good lyricist. I feel like the acclaim and acknowledgement of that in recent years has led her to try and one-up herself in that area, and this time around it feels like a step back. Like she's now trying even harder to cement that title with some of these attempting-to-be-witty (?) lines and metaphors.
This project kind of shows she's a strong lyricist but that doesn't fully encompass the entire depth of what a songwriter can or should be doing. There's a crafting on the musical level that's just not happening anymore and her producers are far too much within her inner circle to meaningfully challenge her or bring new sonic ideas about melody to the table.

I joked before but she should be pushed to start on the melody level. Do some melody passes to existing production ideas. Right now it feels like poems and journal entries are getting retrofitted to a few guitar chords and then sprinkled with the same glittery synths loops, and she's not even trying to sing anymore despite her skill level improving over the years.