Taylor Swift - The Tortured Poets Department

After listening to the full album, I get why Fortnight is the first single. It's not the best song on the album, but single-wise, I don't see a better alternative.

Guilty As Sin? would have been a better choice for me although it doesn’t fit the theme of the album so much, with all the hype and push the first single didn’t really matter its so likely to debut at number one, maybe they should have saved the collab for a later single.

Coffee is set. Headphones are on. Going in.

giphy.gif

I don’t really understand the “she needs to take a break” in order to be creative again? She’s essentially released a new album every 2 years, which is super common.

TVs don’t count as none of it is new written material. And I don’t want to hear your conspiracy theories against it for the Vaults, those songs are legally registered to their written year…

Listening on Apple Music while reading the lyrics made me like it more than I already did from the leak.

As someone who frequents her discography I’m just not hearing the repetitiveness that is being cited outside of a couple tracks. It might be there, I’d never claim to be an expert on music production or anything like that, but nothing is so blatant that it’s stopping me from enjoying.

My gut reaction top 5 (in no particular order):
But Daddy I Love Him
Fresh Out The Slammer
Florida!!!
I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can)
I Can Do It With A Broken Heart

Synths are synthing with HQ and headphones ññ still can't wait to get past the first batch

gave us Cruel Summer??????

Also not Meredith Grey catching lashes fff

I love Lover but it's certainly not a better album than this when it has her 3 worst songs. Yes it gave us extreme highs like Cruel Summer but this gave us But Daddy I Love Him, Guilty As Sin, Florida!!! and more so they're about even in that regard.