Taylor Swift - The Tortured Poets Department

A lot of these sound like very good AI nn. Like imagine if AI got really good and you told it 'hey Miss AI make me a Taylor Swift song that sounds like these 3 songs by her about lovers and loves and love' half of the songs in this Anthology would've come out of it's bossom. This isn't a dig or shade just how she now has a very specific sound and style.

Part 2 is exactly what I was hoping this album would be. It feels a lot more "poetic" and elegant if that makes sense?

The first half grew on me a LOT after a few listens as well, it's all just so much to unpack. This isn't a tight knit, filtered project, but I honestly really admire that about it because it separates it from the rest of her discography. It's the first album of hers where she's really just letting it all out there; she had a lot to get out of her system and she's letting us hear all of it.

Secured!! The packaging quality is soooooo good. The bookbound booklet pages are such a quality touch, I'm obsessed

The cashier was like "There's another edition", I'm like "oh yea, already on the way" (signed)...

IMG-2182.jpg

I can't imagine feeling fatigued/upset that my favorite artist is....releasing more music and enjoying their job dddd.
Also please someone give and a one to one example of a recycled melody on this album from a previous song. That was a complaint with Midnights too and I don't really understand it, but I also just love a lot of the melodies here and that could be because I'm familiar with them without realizing it.
Also it seems like to me a lot of the reactions in here come from a place of already not liking Taylor, or at least not liking her right now for whatever reason, and expecting this to not change your mind, and forming a knee-jerk reaction and opinion on this without actually listening and digesting the music properly.

I can't imagine feeling fatigued/upset that my favorite artist is....releasing more music and enjoying their job dddd.
Also please someone give and a one to one example of a recycled melody on this album from a previous song. That was a complaint with Midnights too and I don't really understand it, but I also just love a lot of the melodies here and that could be because I'm familiar with them without realizing it.
Also it seems like to me a lot of the reactions in here come from a place of already not liking Taylor, or at least not liking her right now for whatever reason, and expecting this to not change your mind, and forming a knee-jerk reaction and opinion on this without actually listening and digesting the music properly.
I'm loving the album but I do think some songs remind me of others but unsure if it's just me! I heard similarities to parts of White Horse, DBATC and Mastermind but again it could literally just be my ears.

Yeah I'm not getting the negativity in here. Genuinely I thought this was going to be awful based on a lot of the reactions over the past couple of days but after a couple of listens it's gorgeous and I keep wanting to return to so much of it. I can already feel melodies and lines seeping into my brain. This is a total grower of an album and I can't wait to immerse myself in it for the rest of the year (31 tracks is gonna take some time!)

She actually is so fucking insane. I'm drowning in deadlines these days and I want to have a proper moment with this album (or...two) so it's gonna be a tough few days for me.

Looking at the credits, I know already which side I'll be enjoying more dddd