Taylor Swift - The Tortured Poets Department

There keeps on being so many comments made about people dunking on her etc - who are the people just here to dunk? Who is actually doing that? Because all I'm reading is constructive criticism or fans just saying they don't like something. Am I going mad or something?

There's definitely one or two that I've never actually seen say anything positive about her on here, ever, and have been very active in this thread the past few days. But to each their own on how they spend their time I guess!

I keep coming back to Down Bad
The idea of a lean, concise, tightly-edited album with FIFTEEN TRACKS is the most 2020s thing I’ve ever heard
It reminds me of the late 90s push to CDs where everything had to be 80-odd minutes because that's the maximum the format could hold.

he/him
I mean I literally used an example in the post that must’ve prompted you to ask this so maybe. The posts in the last, like, 10 hours since Part 2 dropped have been fairer probably since it’s been a couple of days since the standard was available now but you only need to go back to the leak night to see people calling it the worst thing she’s ever done within the same hour it dropped.
To be fair, it was actually Music Is Life’s post that made me post - I thought I’d quoted but mustn’t have. Your post however - one person saying a song sounds like the rest of the album is hardly a dunk dd

He/Him/His
To be fair, it was actually Music Is Life’s post that made me post - I thought I’d quoted but mustn’t have. Your post however - one person saying a song sounds like the rest of the album is hardly a dunk dd
Well, when the one song is one of the most "individual" sounding songs on the album, it does seem some people won't earnestly engage with the album no matter what. I mean, I basically just called half the album good and half of it bad or forgettable, and at least two noted Swifties still liked my post ff

I'll concede it's possible you haven't seen the posts I mean because you probably haven't read every single page since the leak, which is valid, but there's definitely been people who have come in to say something about how bad everything is and how they don't like Taylor as an artist for the past few days and it's just frustrating.

And sure, maybe you could be all "SWIFTIES ARE TOO DEFENSIVE" but like @Babyface pointed out, we're not exactly alone in that on here. I personally do have a problem where I get overly defensive of things I like because of personal issues and I try not to feed into that too much on here cause I know for the most part, people are being constructive and not hating unnecessarily and attacking people who like whatever the thread pertains to, and I enjoy reading opposing opinions on things I enjoy because of the new perspective it offers even if I don't necessarily agree, but Taylor is a sore spot because like her, I am traumatized by the 2016 situation and just the extreme amounts of unnecessary hate for various things she's gotten over the years, so yes, I might be overly defensive, but it's not coming from out of nowhere.

he/him
I'll concede it's possible you haven't seen the posts I mean because you probably haven't read every single page since the leak, which is valid, but there's definitely been people who have come in to say something about how bad everything is and how they don't like Taylor as an artist for the past few days and it's just frustrating.

And sure, maybe you could be all "SWIFTIES ARE TOO DEFENSIVE" but like @Babyface pointed out, we're not exactly alone in that on here. I personally do have a problem where I get overly defensive of things I like because of personal issues and I try not to feed into that too much on here cause I know for the most part, people are being constructive and not hating unnecessarily and attacking people who like whatever the thread pertains to, and I enjoy reading opposing opinions on things I enjoy because of the new perspective it offers even if I don't necessarily agree, but Taylor is a sore spot because like her, I am traumatized by the 2016 situation and just the extreme amounts of unnecessary hate for various things she's gotten over the years, so yes, I might be overly defensive, but it's not coming from out of nowhere.
I’ve never actually said that anyone on here is too defensive so I just want to exclude myself from that narrative!