Taylor Swift - The Tortured Poets Department

I'm a casual fan too and listened to a few of her albums this week. 1989 is brilliant and I'm sorry I didn't listen to it when it was released. I also really liked Reputation. I won't be returning to Lover apart from a few great tracks. I still have to listen to evermore and folklore before moving on to the new album. I've already heard Midnights but didn't love it. I might give it another go because I haven't listened to it since last year.

I wish I could put my thoughts down in a more articulate way but I've always struggled with that.
You need to check out Speak Now, Red, Folklore and Evermore, they’re all great albums. The new album is… inessential.

I've made a separate playlist for the 15 Anthology tracks which I'm starting to dip into now that I've listened to the standard edition a couple of times. There's some good stuff here. I Hate It Here is lovely and So High School is probably one of the most instant tracks across the whole set.

I definitely think there was a better way of releasing this than flooding us with 31 songs of very little variation at once but 314 million streams so what the fuck do I know.

I really love the title track- l know the lyrics spark discussion but I don't think they take away from it. The likes of this and BDILH hark back to her earlier work in a way I'd like to see more of.

She/her
You need to check out Speak Now, Red, Folklore and Evermore, they’re all great albums. The new album is… inessential.

I have listened to Red. I forgot to mention it in my other post. I enjoyed it but I need to listen to it again because I kind of zoned out during a few tracks but that says more about me than Taylor. I'm going to listen to Speak Now, Folklore and Evermore later today.

You Need To Calm Down and London Boy need to vacate the universe too.

At least its specificity to Joe Alwyn means the latter is surely banished from all future live sets.
You Need To Calm Down is a catchy pop song (the video is cringe) and at worse, London Boy is just meh.

He/him
Her career's trajectory genuinely needs to be studied. I'm neither a stan, nor a full-time hater, but the way she managed to course correct her career post-Lover fatigue and not just for one successful album but several is impressive. Where do I sing up for Taylor's business and management course?
giphy.gif

Last edited: