Taylor Swift - The Tortured Poets Department

As someone that's been here for literally each of her releases, I still can't really completely sum up how I feel about these two albums in terms of where they sit for me among her work as a whole. I do know that while I'm continuing to find new things to enjoy and discover about them both as a unit and as separate works, I don't rank them as her necessarily her best. Maybe it's because I feel she's delivered more concise and "neater" packages, but then, that's kind of what draws me in to TTPD and The Anthology. They're just messy as hell and scattered and that's what makes them stand out. Again, I don't know, which in itself is intriguing to me personally - that I've sat with these for a month and I'm still struggling to sum up exactly how I feel.

The biggest surprise to me lately has been imgonnagetyouback. I thought it was boppy and fun but it's snuck up on me completely and it made it's way on to my regular monthly playlist. Initially it sounds like standard Jack and Taylor fare - and it is - but it sounds like they actually had fun with this one. The bridge is such a fun rush and the way the production drops out and her voice comes forward at the beginning of the last chorus and then the harmonies come in before the full production is the type of quirk they could implement more. 'Even if it's handcuffed, I'm leaving here with you' is classic Psychotic Blondie and I'm always here for it.

Last edited:
It’s still too early for me to rank but the chokehold it’s had over me is so unexpected compared to my first few listens. I’m completely obsessed with this album and it’s so thrilling to think about how it’s seeped into me the past month

My thoughts exactly, I'm surprised how obsessed with it I am. It's been such a weird experience to have an album get better and better with each listen and seep in slowly like this has, I haven't had that happen for any of her other albums.

It's definitely in my Top 5.

My thoughts exactly, I'm surprised how obsessed with it I am. It's been such a weird experience to have an album get better and better with each listen and seep in slowly like this has, I haven't had that happen for any of her other albums.

It's definitely in my Top 5.
Same! I can’t believe how my view of the first half has shifted from the release when I thought it was so samey - now there are so many hooks going through my head all day. I can’t stop listening to it. Not there yet on the second half but not ruling it out.

Swifties are going crazy over Taylor Nation removing their profile picture.

I swear, if she pulls the plug on this era for Rep TV... Not before she gives us videos for ''I Can Do It With a Broken Heart'' and ''Down Bad''.

I guess 1. she doesn't need to do anything else for this era and 2. she can do it while also promoting Rep TV, there are no rules for her.

Swifties are going crazy over Taylor Nation removing their profile picture.

I swear, if she pulls the plug on this era for Rep TV... Not before she gives us videos for ''I Can Do It With a Broken Heart'' and ''Down Bad''.

I guess 1. she doesn't need to do anything else for this era and 2. she can do it while also promoting Rep TV, there are no rules for her.
The picture is back. They just swapped out the pinned songs on her profile

Does anyone know so far for the EU dates if people need tickets to buy merch?

I’m going to the London shows but as I live close to Cardiff I’m tempted to go there for merch.

Does anyone know so far for the EU dates if people need tickets to buy merch?

I’m going to the London shows but as I live close to Cardiff I’m tempted to go there for merch.
There were photos of merch vans outside at Paris I think?

Also has anyone else not had their box of VIP tat yet? Still waiting on mine for Liverpool.

Sorry Billie fans, but her voice memo edition (that was only available on her store for less than a day), is not the reason for the block. Just a longevity driven queen

even if it was, nothing wrong with HUSTLING to stay on top of the charts!

CWaHgrM.gif

If there is another proper single, please be anything but I Can Do It. I'm highly championing But Daddy I Love Him and Guilty as Sin, but I'd be fine with the more obvious suspects like My Boy and Down Bad. But I Can Do It With A Broken Heart is just so.... useless to her catalogue. I don't dislike it as an album track, it's fine. But this is not a song that in 10 years her fans will look back on and be sad it didn't get the single treatment like they would other songs here.