Taylor Swift - The Tortured Poets Department

folklore and evermore would like a word!
They sound so different to me, folklore is far more airy and whimsical while evermore hits much harder, while there is similarities two sides of the coin. folklore being a split between Jack and Aaron when evermore is pretty much just Aaron.

folklore is the end of summer going into autumn and then evermore takes you into winter.

So TTPD seems apt going from spring and taking us into summer and could work well as a “trilogy” of these guys working together. I will be ready though once this era and the TV’s are done for other producers to be brought in just to keep it exciting because working with Aaron seemed like a game changer for her.

Where did this information even come from? The answer seems to be ATRL but is it a reliable source?

Edit: Apparently, they show up on Apple Music. They’re not showing up for me, but I guess I’ll roll with it because it doesn’t seem to far fetched.

Last edited:
For me personally I don’t mind Jack as a collaborator long as he challenges himself together with Taylor. Midnights has become top 5 Taylor for me and I love it dearly as an album. I really do think the soundscape is gorgeous and it contains some of Taylor’s best songs if you ask me. With all that said, I wouldn’t want Taylor to repeat herself and give us Midnights 2.0. I’m not expecting her to re-invent the wheel, we’re 11 albums in her career. But I want her to at least challenge herself and give in to some experimentation.

I think folklore/evermore is her most accomplished albums and they round up my top 2 (with evermore becoming one of my favourite albums of all time), and still I don’t want the new album to sound like them either.

I think Taylor is a fantastic songwriter and a really really great pop star. But I still want her to keep challenging her sound and songwriting the same way I wish for other pop stars to challenge themselves. With all this said, I’ve been having her discography on loop the last couple of days which has really ramped up my excitement. I really love her music so much.

she/her
To be fair - and I say this as someone who likes Midnights - Midnights definitely took some inspiration from Reputation (Dress, So It Goes etc), and then You’re Losing Me and the 1989 vault tracks sounded like a continuation of the same sound. So while I do enjoy that sound, I can understand people being a bit wary that this will be Midnights 2.0.

That said, she usually does know when to switch it up (1989 and Folklore were very different from their predecessors) so I’m remaining open minded for now.

l believe the album will follow RED in terms of structure . It will feel like a breakup album in a sense where there are several emotions in play, such as sadness, affection, anger, happiness etc. I’m not expecting it to be cohesive.

I hope this leaks tomorrow so I have some time to write a review for a magazine, yes I'm coming for those industry connections! it's not a gay made up one but free and real!
I asked AI for you. Just change the track names. Done.

Certainly! Let’s delve into the ethereal realm of Taylor Swift’s latest album, “Midnights”, tailored for the tortured poets and dreamers among us.

Midnights: A Celestial Reverie​

Tracklist:

1. “Lavender Haze”: The album opens with a haunting melody, like moonlight filtering through the cracks in a poet’s heart. Swift’s voice, soft as whispered secrets, weaves a tale of love and vulnerability. The chorus blooms like wildflowers in the dark, capturing the essence of midnight musings.
  2. “Ink-Stained Constellations”: Here, Swift channels the pain of unrequited love. The verses are inked with longing, while the chorus bursts forth like a meteor shower. The bridge, a crescendo of anguish, leaves stardust on the listener’s soul.
  3. “Elegy for a Broken Quill”: A piano-driven ballad that echoes Sylvia Plath’s confessional poetry. Swift’s lyrics dissect heartache—the way a poet dissects metaphors—revealing raw wounds and fractured metaphysics. The refrain lingers like the scent of old books.
  4. “Waltz of the Solitary Moon”: A dance between solitude and yearning. Swift’s voice pirouettes over synth waves, tracing lunar orbits. The bridge, a delicate balance of melancholy and defiance, invites the listener to sway under a moonless sky.
  5. “Echoes in the Observatory”: A collaboration with indie darling Phoebe Bridgers. Their harmonies evoke cosmic loneliness—the ache of distant stars. The outro, a fading comet tail, leaves us suspended in the void.
  6. “Stardust Sonata”: An instrumental interlude, where the piano speaks in constellations. Each note a fragment of forgotten dreams, drifting through the Milky Way.
  7. “Spectral Reverie”: Swift’s voice becomes a ghostly echo, haunting the corridors of memory. The chorus, a séance of lost love, conjures specters from forgotten sonnets.
  8. “Astronomer’s Lament”: A symphony of regret. Swift’s lyrics trace orbits around missed chances, like planets in retrograde. The strings ache, and the bridge collapses into a black hole of longing.
  9. “Ephemeral Equinox”: A duet with Bon Iver. Their voices collide like colliding galaxies. The outro, a fading heartbeat, reminds us that even stars burn out.
  10. “Cosmic Epilogue”: The album’s final track—a whispered benediction. Swift’s voice, a comet’s tail, streaks across the night sky. We’re left with the scent of jasmine and the ache of unfinished poems.
Midnights is an invitation to wander through moonlit gardens, to touch the edges of infinity, and to find solace in the shadows. For the tortured poets, it’s a constellation of catharsis—a celestial map to navigate the labyrinth of the soul. ✨

Would I listen to this album. YES!