Taylor Swift - The Tortured Poets Department

These lyrics are....pretty bad. I really hate when artists are wordy for the sake of being wordy. They might sound quirky or fantastical but the intention and story behind them gets lost and you spend half the song trying to figure out what the hell it is about.
Sometimes laying things out straight and directly cuts much harder because it doesn't waste time or try to be anything other than it is.
Then don’t listen to her…? She’s always conveyed her emotions through songwriting like this… RED literally exists and she’s been doing this since 2012 ddd.

Then don’t listen to her…? She’s always conveyed her emotions through songwriting like this… RED literally exists and she’s been doing this since 2012 ddd.
She used to be able to find a balance between her lyrics being plain and being overtly pretentious and "Look I know words!" Am I not free to read/listen and see if she is still capable of it?

I'm not coming for anyone who likes them, so why come for me just because I don't? Or accuse me of wanting her to fail?

She used to be able to find a balance between her lyrics being plain and being overtly pretentious and "Look I know words!" Am I not free to read/listen and see if she is still capable of it?

I'm not coming for anyone who likes them, so why come for me just because I don't? Or accuse me of wanting her to fail?
I’m not accusing you of anything but it comes down to preferences then. I personally enjoy her lyrics just like I enjoy Lana’s or Mariah’s because they are different.

If everybody wrote with the simple plain mindset then music would be boring.

I'm very much getting the vibe this album will be for the Swifties deeply invested in her personal life, the "All Too Well" obsessives and the gossip column acolytes.

But will it still be interesting to those of us who couldn't care less about that stuff and are just here for the music? I hope so.

Well this isn't ihearttaytay.tumblr.com not everyone who posts here are fans and not everyone who has a kii over her antics hate her either.
I wasn’t referring to you. chill.

But there’s a difference between criticism/opinions and obvious trolling.

As someone said in another thread

If you’re not having a good time and don’t like the songs then what value are you really bringing to the thread by bringing the vibe down? Like if your negative opinions aren’t inspiring discussion then what now?
If you have a clear dislike for an artist, what’s the point of posting in that thread?

Last edited:
Madonna and Lana are the more recent girlies to do the ~typewriter thing~ so this checks out.

Honestly, I'm just ready to hear something. I think we all understand where this album is going dd. I will say, from the lyric about statues crumbling with the white lace... It's slightly funny if she was bitter about not getting proposed to and then made Lavender Haze as a copium track.