Taylor Swift | Page 53 | The Popjustice Forum

Taylor Swift

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by festivereece, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Not "seashore". Will we be getting Dolphins (Taylor's Version)?

soratami, Truce and Music Is Death like this.
  2. I’m not physically strong enough to deal with Taylor dropping yet another surprise album on us.

aniraz, JasonJay, popzone and 4 others like this.
  3. So I'm sorry to get sappy again but I remember mentioning in the evermore thread that it would be the first Taylor album that my good friend that passed away last November wouldn't be here for, and it hit me as I've been listening tonight, I remembered us sitting next to each other in high school in sophomore English the day after Red came out and freaking the fuck out over All Too Well. And then however much longer it was later that Taylor let it slip that there was a 10 minute version, we texted back and forth about what else she could possibly add to it and we were making jokes about the most ridiculous, minuscule details she probably added in just to knock Jake down even further and how we'd never hear it...so listening to it now all these years later is a lot. For so many reasons, but I think that's the biggest one. Time has eased the pain of the broken heart that I had back then and I know it'll eventually do the same for the one I'm dealing with now but nothing can bring a person back once they're just...gone. I also think that's why it's so bittersweet and prolific to me how much time has actually passed and how quickly it feels like it's moving. The outro of the 10 minute version chokes me up every time because that's exactly what it reminds me of - time moving on whether you're ready to move with it or not, both good and bad memories fading, it all just slips away. It's funny because when I was younger, the 'time won't fly' lyric really resonated with me and always will, but now I feel like time is moving so quickly that I can't grip onto the memories as hard as I used to. So I'm just grateful to have this album and these new songs and the little things to remind me of times and places and people who couldn't keep moving with us.

She also would've absolutely lost it over Message In A Bottle and Girl At Home. The colossal bops had her in a choke hold. New Romantics was her favorite off of 1989 and one of her favorite Taylor songs of all time. She would've fit in perfectly here, I think. I remember she also said "does this mean we can't like Sweet Disposition anymore?" because I had literally played it for her like a week prior after discovering it myself. Ugh. I love this album with everything I have. Stay Stay Stay can still fuck off, though.

Misco, RainOnFire, aniraz and 22 others like this.
  4. When Me! came out, someone tweeted her next album was going to be an acoustic, black and white album cover called 'nashville' (all in lowercase LOL).

Skip to just over a year later with folklore. Not to be conspiratorial but Me! is so egregiously bad that having it as a part of her long launch into her 3rd AOTY bid? I wouldn't put it past the queen of making moves up as she goes!

Almond likes this.
  5. It's kind of funny how what she views as her low point/downfall is now largely forgotten even after she based a whole album on it, but a decision like recording and releasing ME! will follow her forever.

6. new Swiftie conspiracy theory dropped

7. I don't think she's dumb enough to risk oversaturation again by dropping another album this week.

nikkysan, enjoy, aniraz and 11 others like this.
  8. American Swift Story: Red Tide looks interesting, but I don’t think she’d let it be this obvious (?). All the Easter eggs stuff feels very… “aha Gotcha” and most of time it looks like Swifties barking at the wrong tree.

I’m very curious about her next (new) release. There’s a lot to explore.

9. I agree. I don't know why fans insist on her releasing a new album when she has just released a 30 songs long one and a Christmas song, + 2 music videos. Taylor did literally 4 days of promo and then took a flight to Panama nn. She is not going to announce anything else for a couple of weeks at least. Probably not until the next year if the evermore sessions don't exist

Of course I can be wrong, but I think the fandom in general needs to relax

10. Watch it just be something as innocuous as a Black Friday merch sale.

11. Shore, Jan.

12. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Agreed. Taylor who famously said "I'm, like, this close to overexposure" wouldn't be jumping this quickly into another album. She knows too much.

13. Yeah I’d think a pragmatic rollout would be a Fearless or Debut rollout in the spring more akin to the Fearless campaign with the opportunity to make 1989 another winter smash release like Red.

14. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

All good points but also would she pass up the chance to smash more records just before the year ends?

15. Well

16. Is something like seashore sessions for evermore (and Red) feasible?

edit: nvm dd. That Lover merch is FOUL.

xOJakeXo likes this.
  17. My wallet has been marked SAFE from the 'Black Friday sale collection'

18. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

Wait this actually sounds lovely!

19. She might as well put that ME! merch in the fire pit and call it a day

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.