Ted Lasso (Apple TV+) | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Ted Lasso (Apple TV+)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by aboutyounow, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I'm half 'yay at last things are shaken up' and half 'nooo what are you doing to my half hour of happiness?'
    I did feel pretty uncomfortable watching both Ted's and Nate's scenes this episode and related more than I wish I did. (not the lashing out at others part, definitely the caring about external approval a little too much though)

I wonder if we'll get to a part where it's pretty much explained Ted's being so happy and cheery 24/7 because he's afraid to go to a dark place when he would allow any other emotions. That feels like a sensible explanation and puts everything up till now in a new perspective but at the same time I'm not sure other viewers want this show to go deep?

spaceship likes this.
  2. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I agree. I felt very, very uncomfortable (that last scene especially), but maybe that was the point? I'm just hoping he gets a moment where we can feel sympathetic for him like we did with Jamie in Season 1, because clearly Nate has the same kind of relationship with his father. But yeah it was a lot.

spaceship likes this.
  3. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

To be honest I felt 'wow he's kind of a dick now?' with Nate in the first episode of this season and I'm at least glad we weren't just supposed to take that for granted. The last scene definitely was uncomfortable and really not written for laughs, I'm sure.

I think what made me the most uncomfortable is I found him a compete ass but also completely understand where he's coming for. It's definitely more comfortable to just flat out hate a character.

spaceship likes this.
  4. I adore this show and it’s become such a tonic for half an hour on a Friday after a manic week at work, I look forward to it every week.

I agree with the points made about Nate, although this will undoubtedly turn around by the season’s end, they aren’t just going to turn him into a completely unlikeable character. The angle this show has is that all the characters have something about them that makes you want to root for them, even the ones you’re not supposed to. I love it for that reason and hope it continues to deliver the feels whilst not being afraid to do a deep dive into any of its characters.

spaceship and Mvnl like this.
  5. Amazing episode this week. Maybe my favourite of the season and great song choice at the end.

HairBodyFace, RainOnFire and Mvnl like this.
  6. Just finished to catch up on season 2 and didn’t expect all that raw emotions, last episode floored me.

Mvnl likes this.
  7. That episode was…a fever dream dd.

spaceship and Mvnl like this.
  8. You know I was kind of curious about this show but I read that it's about soccer and it sounded so... straight. But it's getting so much acclaim I'm still wondering. It broke the record for Emmy nominations this year.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    Mvnl likes this.
  9. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I really couldn't care less about soccer but love every bit of this.
    (well last episode might be an exception but otherwise: go fot it!)

10. Same, I'm typically bored to tears by sports movies/shows, but this show isn't so much about the sport itself. It's just such a feel good show with great characters and humor.

spaceship, johnoclock and Mvnl like this.
  11. I went into this weeks episode with such skepticism, a whole episode about Beard going out for a night? Pleasantly surprised at how fun it truly was.

I do hope he ends it with Jane though. Those 300 text messages one after another was a bad sign for his future.

Give it a shot, its really at its core about human relationships. Sure, there's quite a bit of soccer thrown in but its all built around the characters and their arcs/growth. It's a real feel good show.

12. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

The last episode was.. well done, but it felt like filler (and I read it was done after 2 extra episodes were ordered but.. the point of extra episodes isn't too just turn them into unnecessary specials?).
    I don't care about Beard really. I hope at the very least anything happening in the episode will have even the slightest point in the overall plot

spaceship and sometimesxtc like this.
  13. So that's this one and the Christmas special accounted for then?

Mvnl likes this.
  14. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yup! Although I didn’t really notice as much with the Christmas one

15. Not sure what I think about this season so far. Some episodes were brilliant, some were just ok and the last one had me fast forward through most of it.

16. Not being dramatic but this week’s episode was an absolute misfire. Coach Beard was not the best character to feature in a standalone like this.

Mvnl and RainOnFire like this.
  17. I hated this episode, didn't even finish it. Everything was off, and I consider it one of the worst bottle episodes I've seen in quite a while.

18. Ugh standalone episodes are the worst. Gonna skip this one then.

19. As expected, it swept most of the Comedy categories. Super excited mostly for Hannah and Brett as they really are the best parts of the show, in my opinion.

20. So I’m struggling with the last episode. Pretty, well shot and what have you but… what was the point? Are we supposed to take it as a dream / hallucination or just real events with heavy symbolism plastered all through it? In any case it was completely out of place for a comedy show.

Mvnl likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.